Learned Something else this Week

Relaxing there standards? How about making the standards clear cause thats the issue.

I had this same semi-heated discussion with the Americo rep over breakfast. I don't want to roll the dice when I write an app. I like both Americo products, if and only IF, I can UW the product in the field based off of simplified issue guidelines, just like almost every other product we have access to.

Time will tell. . .

I had this same semi-heated discussion with the Americo rep over breakfast. I don't want to roll the dice when I write an app. I like both Americo products, if and only IF, I can UW the product in the field based off of simplified issue guidelines, just like almost every other product we have access to.

Time will tell. . .

What's the point then? There are so many carriers put there. I just don't see where Americo offers anything that would make me want to use them.

What's the point then? There are so many carriers put there. I just don't see where Americo offers anything that would make me want to use them.

Americo has some of the best underwriting in the field. All it takes is a simple phone call to Sales Support and they will tell you on the spot if something will fly. For example, I had a client who takes Naltrexone and Bupropion. Now, by itself Naltrexone is a DECLINE per their underwriting guide. It just so happened that with my background in science and the fact that I stay up to date on the latest pharmaceutical trends, I immediately recognized the fact that the combination forms a drug called Contrave. The issue, Medicare won't pay for it, no generic and too expensive; therefore, the Dr. prescribed them individually (Contrave is used for weight loss). With most carriers, if the Med pops up, and it's on their knockout list, decline.

Recognizing this combination, I called Sales Support, went over the drugs, initially they said it would be a decline; however, I then walked them through the combination of the two meds forming the drug Contrave, and guess what, they issued the policy AS APPLIED FOR! Level coverage for the client.

Now, while I love my other carriers, I don't know of any carrier whose Sales Support is easier to work with.

So, if you are not a lazy agent, and really are trying to put your client in the best situation, and have the option to work with underwriting and their risk assessment department, I'm not sure what more you could ask for guys.

e866bn.jpg

Americo has some of the best underwriting in the field. All it takes is a simple phone call to Sales Support and they will tell you on the spot if something will fly. For example, I had a client who takes Naltrexone and Bupropion. Now, by itself Naltrexone is a DECLINE per their underwriting guide. It just so happened that with my background in science and the fact that I stay up to date on the latest pharmaceutical trends, I immediately recognized the fact that the combination forms a drug called Contrave. The issue, Medicare won't pay for it, no generic and too expensive; therefore, the Dr. prescribed them individually (Contrave is used for weight loss). With most carriers, if the Med pops up, and it's on their knockout list, decline.

Recognizing this combination, I called Sales Support, went over the drugs, initially they said it would be a decline; however, I then walked them through the combination of the two meds forming the drug Contrave, and guess what, they issued the policy AS APPLIED FOR! Level coverage for the client.

Now, while I love my other carriers, I don't know of any carrier whose Sales Support is easier to work with.

So, if you are not a lazy agent, and really are trying to put your client in the best situation, and have the option to work with underwriting and their risk assessment department, I'm not sure what more you could ask for guys.

How is putting someone in an overpriced plan like Americo , especially eagle, the best situation?

Might as well sell them SL or LH.

As for easy to work with? They are pretty near the bottom of the barrel. If they are the easiest company to work with in your toolbag then you need more tools. Trans is easier to work with than americo.

Eagle has some pretty strong niche usages. Hep, 1yr CVA/Mi, etc. It's not the end-all be-all but it's by far not the worst. We all don't have the same carrier availability as you might have in the south.

Back