Lesson learned

At one time your peak response was around the 3rd or 4th mailing from the same list. Returns dimish by the 7th mailing. This was general mailing for life insurance, not for a specific event like a birthday.

These are rough from maybe 8 - 10 years ago. The numbers might have changed some but probably not that much.

T65 Medicare leads are tough to work DM. Those folks get so much mail, especially direct from carriers that it is tough to compete.

That being said there are a few folks here who mail a TON of letters / cards every week and do quite well.

I don't recall the screen name but there was a guy on here that was mailing something like 10,000 pieces every month and had written a lot of business. His avatar was Eddie Murphy as I recall.

Someone will read this and know exactly who it is. You can then read his threads.

But I can tell you a one time mailing won't cut it.

Last AEP my wife, daughter and I each got mail from AARP. We got at least 4 mail drops each over a 2+ month time frame. None of us are prospects, but especially our 33 year old daughter who has not lived here in 8 years.
The name's Buck...BuckNasty. :yes:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/bucknasty.35399/

Postcardmania is the marketing company that I used to mail the 4000 postcards. I wanted to send 5000, but decided to save postage. Response has been horrible, only got back 8 reply cards so far. The company says they also placed 40,000 ads on Google and 6800 ads on Facebook. It is hard to believe that no one has responded to any of these ads, even Postcardmania don't understand why my phone hasn't rang. Of coarse they say that mailing 1 card is not enough. Should have followed up again. Don't those of you who do DM only mail T65 people once about 6 months out or do you mail those same people again?

I mail each client 2 and sometimes 3x. I just mailed out Jan, feb and March.

Back