Lets Talk MONEY

Little hard to get respect around here :) ....... Traditionally insurance is sold face to face, I strongly believe that delivery method is going to change.

Two of the fastest growing companies I know of, the products are being sold completely over he phone.

One is a company that enrolls voluntary over the phone that did $110,000,000 in premiums, last year ......

Last but not least, you guys seem to get a kick out of my viral blogging system, just get past the hype. Because it ranks high in alexa it allows me to get on the first page of google and get me inbound leads.

Not leads like you think, but lets just say when someone is looking for a electrician, in a local are MY BLOG is n the first page which grabs the lead, and instead of cold calling a client, I now am able to walk in with a client for them...... MAKES IT A PRETTY WARM CALL

But hey what do I know, I only do about $6,000,000 a year in voluntary benefits.......

A

VB -

K...now we are almost getting some where...

I don't think anyone is trying to disrespect you, but your first question was very vague. Selling insurance over the phone is broad as well, as there are numerous lines of insurance. Selling a Medicare Advantage plan over the phone is a very different process then selling a term life product over the phone.

Now that anyone has access to most any information about a product via the internet, selling without being there in person is a much more viable option.

Will this endanger the kitchen table guys? Depends on the product. There are still P&C offices everywhere. Some senior market carriers are setting up store front locations for people to go to and talk to an agent.

So, yes the market is changing...to what depends on the lines of insurance you are selling.

I somewhat expect a niche market to occur soon where face to face stays, but not in person. Basically, the skype 'video-chat' methodology.

Not for everyone, but with most people having computers and high speed internet now, its an easy way to almost get the in person experience without the hassles of being in person. I suspect a few agents will make a niche for themselves with this.

I tried it with some policy reviews for current clients. It works, somewhat. Might be a year or 2 for better adoption.

Dan

Back