Liberty Mutual Home Insurance Premium Edit??

insurance1822 is right...it is possible to cut premiums like that if they have a new book of business. I did it with NW before I went back to indy.

Since the OP suggested this person has been w/ Liberty Mutual for only 2 years & all my theories are bogus..here's some more..

The guy purchase homeowner's insurance (2) years ago which puts him around 2013 which is 1 year post Hurricane Sandy. At the time he made have had terrible credit combined w/ a previous claim. Maybe Liberty Mutual threw him into their non preferred tier (if there is one..) or maybe their prices for that demographic were just terrible. Maybe now he got married & his spouse has great credit OR they rate married couples better OR now they packaged the auto OR they rolled out a new book OR that prior claim is now 3 years out...

PLENTY of reasons how this could happen.

Since the OP suggested this person has been w/ Liberty Mutual for only 2 years & all my theories are bogus..here's some more..

The guy purchase homeowner's insurance (2) years ago which puts him around 2013 which is 1 year post Hurricane Sandy. At the time he made have had terrible credit combined w/ a previous claim. Maybe Liberty Mutual threw him into their non preferred tier (if there is one..) or maybe their prices for that demographic were just terrible. Maybe now he got married & his spouse has great credit OR they rate married couples better OR now they packaged the auto OR they rolled out a new book OR that prior claim is now 3 years out...

PLENTY of reasons how this could happen.

Yup. And since we don't have his information, there's no telling what factors went into the rate change. Just a little advice to the OP, you may want to brush up on your tone when conversing with other people. No need to sound like a juvenile.

I know the subject is homeowners, but I rewrote an auto policy with the same company (same exact coverage) and I came in $1,200 LESS. It really is possible!

I came across a client who is currently with Liberty Mutual. I was able to quote the client at a lower price for both home & auto. Client comes back to me telling me that somehow Liberty Mutual was able to reduce the home premium from 1100 down to 500...This sounds ridiculous and absurd. Client is getting the same amount of coverage and same deductible. How is it possible that Liberty Mutual can even do that? Has anyone come across this problem with them?

They simply rewrote it.... It is easily done.

Roof damage, resulting in new roof. Input new roof year on rewrite. One claim falls off and BOOM! Lower rate then before. Crazier things happens all the time. I rarely see it in my demographic now but still. It happens! At least it is plausible.

Latest posts

Back