Life Insurance Companies For Collateral Assignment

NinjaBonkai

Hello I am new to Life Insurance, and I was thinking of using a life insurance policy as collateral assignment for a loan. I was wondering what companies does anyone know that I can look into that a lender would take as collateral for a loan. I am wanted to get advice that I am using a collateral assignment for a loan would I get a whole life or permanent life insurance policy or a different type of policy. Also which company would quickly be able to do the collateral assignment. I just wanted to be sure.

Hello I am new to Life Insurance, and I was thinking of using a life insurance policy as collateral assignment for a loan. I was wondering what companies does anyone know that I can look into that a lender would take as collateral for a loan. I am wanted to get advice that I am using a collateral assignment for a loan would I get a whole life or permanent life insurance policy or a different type of policy. Also which company would quickly be able to do the collateral assignment. I just wanted to be sure.
Most companies will do it.

Collateral for a loan is different than a collateral assignment. Collateral for a loan would imply that you're pledging cash values to secure the loan (at least the way I'm reading it) whereas collateral assignment is assigning the death benefit to the lender if you drop dead still owing the money.

Often, collateral assignments for loans are term policies that match the loan terms. You could of course use other policies but you'd want to have a need for the insurance beyond the loan itself if you went that route.

I've done several of these. My most recent one was with Banner. It took them about a week for them to record the assignment (which we sent in once the policy was in force).

I work for Mutual of Omaha and they do. I work in b2b sales and often work with SBA lenders that require collateral assignments. The most current one is liftfund

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Virtually every life insurance company uses a collateral assignment form. The ABA used to have their own standardized collateral assignment form. It can be used for a variety of reasons. A common one is when a bank requires the death benefit (or a portion of) to be assigned to the bank to secure a loan. Simple.

Now, are you asking what companies policies will a lender accept as collateral for a loan -- against the cash value? If so, there are many banks that will give a policy owner a "line of credit" with the cash value being assigned as collateral -- most often with whole life. In this case, the cash value stays inside the policy, and it is simply "assigned" to the lender to secure the line of credit. It's pledged to the bank so that the line of credit is secured. All banks who do this have requirements -- minimum rating (A and up), mutual company, minimum amount, etc. There are plenty of banks that do this. The big mutual companies are the most common -- Guardian, Mass Mutual, NY Life, Northwestern, and others. I've done with whole life policies I own. Hope this answers your questions.

Latest posts

Back