Lifetime Max

"I had a prospect through email ask what happens if they exceed their lifetime max? "

actually that's an innocent question. Alot of people wonder this. When a person exceeds their contractual maximum that service is no longer a covered expense from this plan. The lifetime max is the aggregate for all services under this contract.

And premature births are the most expensive.
Also babies of smokers tend to have more health problems from the get go and expenses between a nonsmoker and smoker run about 2.5 times greater costs for delivery and infant care.

In MD no one needs to have any insurance. If you get diagnosed with something just apply to MHIP. Why have any coverage at all?

The risky part is incurring a charge for an emergency - car accident, off to shock trauma and you're screwed.

However, if you want to roll that dice that you won't a major accident then have nothing. Get diagnosed with cancer? MHIP will have cards in your hands within 2 weeks.

Just buy some accident insurance (AI). My guys sell it in combination with every CDHP/HSA policy they place. They also place a CI policy, if it makes sense. If you think about it, except for the regular out-of-pocket expenses, what's going to knock you off of your stilts with big bills before the insurance kicks in? Getting hit by a bus or getting a critical disease (getting pregnant is not a critical disease...although anyone who has had teenagers might be able to make the strong argument for).

This would work to put a plug into the accident possiblity, would it not?

This is only my opinion. But I could be wrong.

Just buy some accident insurance (AI). My guys sell it in combination with every CDHP/HSA policy they place. They also place a CI policy, if it makes sense. If you think about it, except for the regular out-of-pocket expenses, what's going to knock you off of your stilts with big bills before the insurance kicks in? Getting hit by a bus or getting a critical disease (getting pregnant is not a critical disease...although anyone who has had teenagers might be able to make the strong argument for).

This would work to put a plug into the accident possiblity, would it not?

This is only my opinion. But I could be wrong.

Who do you use for AI and CI?

Latest posts

Back