Looking for Opinions

sgillum11

Hello!!! I'm setting here trying to make some kind of plan for myself, if anyone would like to give a little advice!

Currently, I am 22 and have been working under an agent as a licensed staff, pd on a 1099 misc. for 3 yrs now. The agnecy i work for is in its 7th yr of being open. As of now I only have my P&C license but looking into crop and life/health license as well.

I work under one agent who is a satelite office from an office in Georgia, we are in KY. We sell only P&C as of now.

Here's what I keep running through my head- what is my next step or are there any selfhelp books I can read to understand the insurance industry better. Most of the knowledge I have now is simply from hands-on work I do day to day and watching and listening to the agents around me, yet I'm still just scratching the surface I feel.

I know to find a target market and focus on it, but at this piont I'm trying to figure out how this will work as a career? The agent i work for has no kids and is basically like a mom to me, if i want this agency when she is ready to retire it could be mine, therefore I am wanting to start buckling down and learning all i can and start growing this book of business.

how do I start working towards making this a serious career, what do i need to talk to the agent i work for abt?

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, reading material ideas for me to start on I would greatly appreciate it!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back