Loss of a client

"Betty, that should take care of everything on Wayne's policy. Now, I want you to know I'm happy to help you with any other policies you have, please just let me know ok? He was an awesome guy and I know insurance can be confusing, so I'm here for you."

What if Betty wasn't married to a guy . . .?

Thanks so much for the guidance. I am sending a card. With more thought, I may follow up with a call at some point. Perhaps, not.

I had a meeting today with someone at UHC and asked about how long after death before the notice goes out to the agent and was told about a month or so.

I thought you were an awesome agent? Surely you know the gender of your clients, right?

You haven't been paying attention to some of my recent posts. I have a woman who sounds like a man, and a man who sounds like a woman.

Keep in mind I do everything by phone.

how long after death before the notice goes out to the agent and was told about a month or so.

So your client is already cold.

Card would be nice.

A bit late for flowers.

Check the obit. If family asked for donations to a charity you could do that if you want.

I always send a card. Have probably made less than half a dozen charity contributions in memory of the client.

I got the same e-mail from UHC yesterday about one of my clients. Sent his widow a sympathy card telling her if she needs assistance in any way to contact me.

It's hit and miss getting an email from UHC after the death of an insured. When the spouse, or, family report a death, I, the agent, am usually left out in the cold.
None of my carriers notify me upon the death of an insured!
I'm probably a little more pro active than most agents.
I have Part D's on almost all of my med sup clients.
I get into my Part D "reports" and browse the "inactives", or, look for reversals on my comm statement. A simple Google search will usual turn up the death notice.
I can then update my database.

I had a med supp client pass away in July on a UHC med supp with me. No email or anything. I’ve never seen one from them.
The wife did call me though

Did your client die after the 6 yr comm run out?

Hmm. Good question. I’m pretty sure I signed him up for UHC PPO back in 2010 and then switched him to med supp around 4 years later. I’ll look it up

Edit : switched him to med supp 1/1/16

Back