Louisiana Licensing

No but as someone who has transferred state resident license before I can tell you it's a pretty simple process. You contact the state ins dept for both states and they will tell you what is required. Usually very little. VT just required me to fill out a form. And NY required me to send verification that I had transferred before they would switch me from res to non-res.

And that was it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should point out, though, that I was already a non-res producer in VT

Last edited:
If you are going to be in Baton Rouge just go to department of Insurance and they will issue you a license if you are current in Texas. Sircon is easiest just takes longer.

Thanks, transferring to Shreveport. I hear that the natives down south don't even think of Shreveport as Louisiana...

That's just about right. I am from the central part of the state (hence the name Cenla Agent) and have lived everywhere from the Northwest LA to Southeast LA and know different. But there is some truth to it. On Sunday, if the games are going on at the same time, they show the Cowboys instead of the Saints in Shreveport. Of course, it's closer to Dallas by a couple of hours than it is to New Orleans.

Some in South Louisiana (where 2/3 of the population is now) think that if you're north of I-10 you're basically a "Yankee." Like all of the Gulf Coast states, it's actually the opposite. The further North you travel within the state, the further "South" you get.

Last edited:
Back