MA / MAPD over the phone / web? Who? How?

you can write all the major carriers over the phone. they either have an email link you send to the client to enroll (aetna, anthem, humana, aarp/uhc, coventry), go to a agent branded website you direct them to (Humana) or they use the AARP medicare enroll website and enter your agent code. You need an SOA 100% of the time as a phone appointment is considered......guess what? an appointment. Also you should document permission to call...that is if you ever get a complaint. 1st thing the carrier asks..."Please provide us permission to call"....

you can write all the major carriers over the phone. they either have an email link you send to the client to enroll (aetna, anthem, humana, aarp/uhc, coventry), go to a agent branded website you direct them to (Humana) or they use the AARP medicare enroll website and enter your agent code. You need an SOA 100% of the time as a phone appointment is considered......guess what? an appointment. Also you should document permission to call...that is if you ever get a complaint. 1st thing the carrier asks..."Please provide us permission to call"....

Aetna e-mail link? Hm. I wasn’t aware that they had one.

If i am a betting man, we about to see hundreds of agents begin to do MA/MAPD by phone. Social media advertising has been relaxed and carriers are starting to allow e-apps. That along with the news of Medicare trust fund not performing as projected... it is about to be the wild wild west in the MA/MAPD space and many agents who said they wouldn't fool with MA/MAPD will be ALL in.

Aetna e-mail link? Hm. I wasn’t aware that they had one.
I've not seen a link from Aetna, but my FMO has a CMS-compliant email link that sends the beneficiary all the mandatory documents (SOB, star rating, etc.) and a partially completed online application for Aetna and UHC MA and PDP plans. They finish and submit, and I get notified by email that it's done. Pretty slick.

I've not seen a link from Aetna, but my FMO has a CMS-compliant email link that sends the beneficiary all the mandatory documents (SOB, star rating, etc.) and a partially completed online application for Aetna and UHC MA and PDP plans. They finish and submit, and I get notified by email that it's done. Pretty slick.

That's cool. I wonder if it's FMO specific? In which case I'd be interested to know what FMO has it available.

From Aetna:

Thank you for your inquiry. The Ascend Electronic Enrollment tool can also be used to email kits to the member’s to have them enroll without a face to face meeting. If you have any questions on how to use Ascend please contact your local Broker Manager. If you are not familiar with your Broker Manager a list of contact information can be found under the Individual Medicare section of the Aetna Producer World. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be happy to assist you further.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Broker Services Department via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-866-714-9301. We are here from 8am to 8pm (EST), Monday thru Friday.

Thank You,

Broker Services Department
Aetna, Inc. (DS)

I seem to recall that the OP had everything figured out (again) and was going to be up and running by April 15. Please tell me he hasn't failed again.

Rick

If i am a betting man, we about to see hundreds of agents begin to do MA/MAPD by phone. Social media advertising has been relaxed and carriers are starting to allow e-apps. That along with the news of Medicare trust fund not performing as projected... it is about to be the wild wild west in the MA/MAPD space and many agents who said they wouldn't fool with MA/MAPD will be ALL in.

Any links to the new social media guidelines or other internet marketing new rules? I think you're right.

Back