• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Maid / cleaner advice

liamnoah

Expert
Hi all,

We’re looking for someone to come in twice a week to do cleaning and possibly some ironing. I’m hoping you may be able to help with some questions:

1. We have pets so would definitely need someone who is pet friendly - is it reasonable to ask a maid to clean litter trays? I don’t want to offend by including it on our to do list however given we both work full time it would be a big help!
2. I’m due to meet someone at the weekend who has been recommended – I’m not sure what her sponsorship status as I know she does nanny / cleaning work for a number of people. What should I be checking and do I need to take out insurance for her (assuming we go ahead with this option)
3. If you use an agency, what’s the best option for getting a key to the maid? We’re out at work all day and would prefer someone to come in during the week – if we can get the same person each week then once we feel comfortable with that person I think I’d be happy for them to keep a key. But in the interim it would be good to hear what others have done (I’ve considered getting an out key security box)
4. We live in a 5 bedroom villa, would it be reasonable to think two four hour sessions would be enough?

Hi all,

We’re looking for someone to come in twice a week to do cleaning and possibly some ironing. I’m hoping you may be able to help with some questions:

1. We have pets so would definitely need someone who is pet friendly - is it reasonable to ask a maid to clean litter trays? I don’t want to offend by including it on our to do list however given we both work full time it would be a big help!
2. I’m due to meet someone at the weekend who has been recommended – I’m not sure what her sponsorship status as I know she does nanny / cleaning work for a number of people. What should I be checking and do I need to take out insurance for her (assuming we go ahead with this option)
3. If you use an agency, what’s the best option for getting a key to the maid? We’re out at work all day and would prefer someone to come in during the week maid services boston– if we can get the same person each week then once we feel comfortable with that person I think I’d be happy for them to keep a key. But in the interim it would be good to hear what others have done (I’ve considered getting an out key security box)
4. We live in a 5 bedroom villa, would it be reasonable to think two four hour sessions would be enough?
thanks in advance for any help

Back