• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

MAN... This is Tough!!!

Good for you! It IS your turn if you take it!

I just launched a health agency, we started February 1st. I couldn't be more excited or more proud of my team for seeing the company vision/mission and carrying it out to fruition. We submitted $476,438.00 in a/v in our first four weeks (15 agents selling so far), 66 more policies submitted on the med supp side (3 agents). Now it's time to build it bigger!! We should easily double those numbers in March as more contracts/appointments will be through. THIS SHOULD INSPIRE YOU!!

I said this to myself when deciding upon this venture:

"If other people do this successfully, why can't I!"

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help you, I might have some advice you can use, no need to reinvent the wheel.

I am in the process of starting an agency and I know how frustrating it can be..... Hang in there.... It will all come together. I seen NBI and Eastwood Insurance start from an idea and blossom to an dynasty.... these guys all started from humble beginnings ... and I watched them do it.... so now its my turn ....

Good for you! It IS your turn if you take it!

I just launched a health agency, we started February 1st. I couldn't be more excited or more proud of my team for seeing the company vision/mission and carrying it out to fruition. We submitted $476,438.00 in a/v in our first four weeks (15 agents selling so far), 66 more policies submitted on the med supp side (3 agents). Now it's time to build it bigger!! We should easily double those numbers in March as more contracts/appointments will be through. THIS SHOULD INSPIRE YOU!!

I said this to myself when deciding upon this venture:

"If other people do this successfully, why can't I!"

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help you, I might have some advice you can use, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Averaging 6 policies a week in med supp isn't too shabby, especially if they're new and working telemarketing and 40 hour weeks. My goal is 12 total health+med supp but I work 60+ hours a week.

The health numbers are really crazy good. At 20% you're looking at 6000+ each in commission, that's a good month.

Thanks man!

And you know how it is, not everyone sells the same amount in a/v but we are having great success, also I pay higher than street level on health, averages 21 and 22%, depends on the carrier, no need to be greedy. And obviously the sales training is intense and ongoing, which gives us an edge over others, it seems to be working, can't see it getting worse LOL.

12 sales is just two per day (seems you're working 6 days), figure out how to break that down within your system. Is it 50 calls a day to speak to 10 prospects to close 2, if so, call 50 every day, wash rinse repeat daily, whatever it is, chart it over time to be consistent, then toss in referrals and you're off to the races!

Sell well!

Averaging 6 policies a week in med supp isn't too shabby, especially if they're new and working telemarketing and 40 hour weeks. My goal is 12 total health+med supp but I work 60+ hours a week.

The health numbers are really crazy good. At 20% you're looking at 6000+ each in commission, that's a good month.

PS: The med supp team is doing this since October, we did over 300 policies since them, January was super sloooow, just picking up again now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you cold call? "Many experienced agents" will tell you to buy them, not buy them, and everything in between.

No I don’t cold call, not yet at least. I have been building relationships with captive agents, lawyers, lenders, real estate agents and finical advisors. Hoping they will send me referrals.

No I don’t cold call, not yet at least. I have been building relationships with captive agents, lawyers, lenders, real estate agents and finical advisors. Hoping they will send me referrals.

I wouldn't expect to have a long or fruitful career, but I could be wrong. The most successful agents in this business are hunters, and not gatherers. Whether you do direct mail, telemarketing, or door knocking, you're better off trying to catch the people than waiting for them to come to you.

Ob!!!
I have none in my state, NY is a different market, but it looks like I'll need an agent here as this builds, hardly have time to sell here now. I have agents in about 41 states, not all up and running yet.

Rob, do you have agents in other states or just in your state?

Ob!!!
I have none in my state, NY is a different market, but it looks like I'll need an agent here as this builds, hardly have time to sell here now. I have agents in about 41 states, not all up and running yet.

What part of New York are you in? It's a HORRIBLE state for health.

Back