MAPD/pre-auth denied cancer treatment

I have a client who makes $400K a year in retirement who demanded I move them from a Plan G, because their *** friend has gushed to them about how wonderful their $0 MAPD plan is. Another who's a retired financial planner, same thing, despite having well over $250K income. This is why I'm no longer selling either.

I don't get the whole MAPD's are for poor and middle class. The reason these people have the high income is because they are smart with their money and can see they are better off with an MAPD. Do you think they care if they meet their $3900 max once every 5 years?

I will also have high income when I turn 65 and I guarantee you I will choose a MAPD. I will go from paying $7000 between my premium and deductible that I currently have to $0 premium and they will give me dental, vision, pay for my YMCA membership, etc.

Yeah, I think I would probably choose MAPD. I have many multi millionaires on MAPD"s and they love it. The financial advisors that send me a ton of business have no problem with me putting their clients on an MAPD.

I don't get the whole MAPD's are for poor and middle class. The reason these people have the high income is because they are smart with their money and can see they are better off with an MAPD. Do you think they care if they meet their $3900 max once every 5 years?

I will also have high income when I turn 65 and I guarantee you I will choose a MAPD. I will go from paying $7000 between my premium and deductible that I currently have to $0 premium and they will give me dental, vision, pay for my YMCA membership, etc.

Yeah, I think I would probably choose MAPD. I have many multi millionaires on MAPD"s and they love it. The financial advisors that send me a ton of business have no problem with me putting their clients on an MAPD.

It’s all good until something major happens. Until then you’re a fucking genius, then when they need care it’s a mission

I am currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I am receiving both radiation and chemo. It sucks btw. Too young for Medicare, but I do have MM. I have been able to choose my doctor's. This isn't important for most people UNTIL IT IS. I get that some can't afford a supp premium. If they can't then hey MA is almost always superior to original Medicare. A person making 500k not getting a supplement is foolish.

It’s all good until something major happens. Until then you’re a fucking genius, then when they need care it’s a mission

Don't understand. Something major happens you pay the $3900 Max and go on with your life. I've been doing MA plans for many years and am yet to see all these "horror stories" everyone is constantly throwing around. If you told my 800+ MAPD clients they could have a G plan for $50/month I guarantee you very few would even think about switching. Funny how clients love them but all these Med Sup loving agents just say they are the devil. Will never understand it so not sure why I even try.

Don't understand. Something major happens you pay the $3900 Max and go on with your life. I've been doing MA plans for many years and am yet to see all these "horror stories" everyone is constantly throwing around. If you told my 800+ MAPD clients they could have a G plan for $50/month I guarantee you very few would even think about switching. Funny how clients love them but all these Med Sup loving agents just say they are the devil. Will never understand it so not sure why I even try.

It’s about getting the best care without compromising what and where you can go.
Mapd is smart because you save money, great

Many location don’t have a PPO depending were they live. So a G or N would make more sense. It’s not like you get healthier as you age for most Americans

It’s about getting the best care without compromising what and where you can go.
Mapd is smart because you save money, great

Many location don’t have a PPO depending were they live. So a G or N would make more sense. It’s not like you get healthier as you age for most Americans

I must be spoiled where I am because they aren't compromising where they can go. Even the HMO's that are available use the same network as the PPO's and I couldn't name a Dr or Hospital not in network within 100 miles.

I am currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I am receiving both radiation and chemo. It sucks btw. Too young for Medicare, but I do have MM. I have been able to choose my doctor's. This isn't important for most people UNTIL IT IS. I get that some can't afford a supp premium. If they can't then hey MA is almost always superior to original Medicare. A person making 500k not getting a supplement is foolish.

Once again I don't understand why a rich person has to take a Med Sup and a crappy PDP. They should take more expensive coverage with no other benefits just because they have money? It's like saying they should take a $0 deductible plan on their home and auto insurance because surely they can afford the higher premiums. Makes absolutely no sense.

Quick question for the no MAPD folks. It's clear a lot of you trend right politically. Is it a fair assumption then to say that you're on board with govt run healthcare seeing as it runs way better than anything the private sector can provide? Thanks!

Back