Market May Need to Reinvent LTCI

originally posted by Mr_Ed

Insurers that sell Medicare supplements can have lower, more frequent changes to premiums based upon experience.

Well, here's the problem:
Actuaries can't get it right today and they've had 40 years of experience.

And, now you change your story. In another thread a few months ago, I told you I listened to McInerny state that he wanted to have an environment where Genworth had the ability to raise premiums every year or two by 5% or 10%.
He stated that was better than requesting rate increases of 25%-50% every 4-5 years.

At the time you claimed that he never said that.
But now.............

originally posted by Mr_Ed

Well, here's the problem:
Actuaries can't get it right today and they've had 40 years of experience.

And, now you change your story. In another thread a few months ago, I told you I listened to McInerny state that he wanted to have an environment where Genworth had the ability to raise premiums every year or two by 5% or 10%.
He stated that was better than requesting rate increases of 25%-50% every 4-5 years.

At the time you claimed that he never said that.
But now.............

I did not say that.
I said that you misunderstood what he was saying.

Under current regulations you can't have modest, frequent premium increases.

He wants to change that.

Originally posted by ltcadviser

Jack,
Are you sure that's how it works?

I have to read the Outline of Coverage one more time but I am pretty sure it is how it works. The actual brochure made it confusing. It had a nice picture of a happy married couple holding hands on their hammock staring out at the Hilton Head sunset and there was a small footnote number by the wife's coffee cup that I almost missed that directed me to some complicated explanation in small print at the bottom of page 8 in the brochure.

I will confirm tonight. I think I saw notes that for ages 70 and over, Danny's Song does not apply. Instead it is Pablo Cruise's A Place In The Sun.

Back