Medicare Advantage Plans

rfog2000

I've sold 4 Advantage Plans and want to send thank you notes. Is this allowed and can I mention the insurance provider's name?

Thanks very much.

I've sold 4 Advantage Plans and want to send thank you notes. Is this allowed and can I mention the insurance provider's name? Thanks very much.

They are now your clients. You can certainly send a generic thank you for their business. And certainly mention the companies name since it is relevant

Most carriers have pre authorized thank you letters and cards. So you might check there first so you don't have to create your own

I've sold 4 Advantage Plans and want to send thank you notes. Is this allowed and can I mention the insurance provider's name?
Funny you should ask this now! Just this morning, at their invitation, I joined the Medicare Advantage CEO Roundtable for their quarterly leadership breakfast at Bernie's Diner in Billings, Montana.

When the agenda came to that very topic, their attention was diverted by a couple of loud complaints that the hashbrowns were barely lukewarm.

At that point, the issue was rendered moot. No further discussion ensued, or is anticipated.

Thanks very much.

Believe it or not I thought I read it somewhere in the 1000 page CMS marketing guideline that a thank you card can be construed as marketing material and technically therefore needs to be approved. This is along the same line where technically ANYTHING we send to MA clients or prospects has to be in an approved envelope and if it is anything that is considered marketing material ( ie a flyer, business card, any letter that reference a particular carrier ) has to contain the verbiage on the envelope that this is advertising material.

I don't think that CMS strictly enforces these type of rules but I believe they could. It is ridiculousness IMHO.

If MA's are such a pain why do agents sell them? I have a family member who has one and getting appointments are a challenge. After seeing it first hand I wouldn't feel comfortable marketing them or maybe it's just the carrier which of course I won't mention.

thats why i dont do Medicare, they tell you what time of the day and how much when you need to take a leak....

If MA's are such a pain why do agents sell them? I have a family member who has one and getting appointments are a challenge. After seeing it first hand I wouldn't feel comfortable marketing them or maybe it's just the carrier which of course I won't mention.

It takes probably a grand total of 8-12 hours a year to certify with the carriers I use, or need to keep because of renewals. The marketing rules aren't as bad as non-MA agents believe.

I've made a very good living selling MA plans for years. I'm very happy other agents think making money is too much trouble.

BTW, I have no idea how many total people I've enrolled but in all that time I'm had 3 allegations, all unfounded. In fact, one of them was the carrier's fault.

Rick

thats why i dont do Medicare, they tell you what time of the day and how much when you need to take a leak....

Though I've not yet had the timing or volume of urination dictated to me, the renewals I get are so great if they added that requirement I'd probably oblige. I'm not wedded to my current schedule.

If they are already your clients, you can send them a generic thank you card.

I do not see the need to mention their carrier, as the carrier will be filling their mailbox with welcome kits, an EOC, etc.

I would suggest a quick hand-written note, a quick personal touch, and a few extra business cards.

Example:

Mr. Client,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I hope you have better luck this year at the lake. If you or anyone you know has questions, please let me know.

Thank - Mike (555) 555-1212

Clean, simple, personal...most people will just throw it out, so don't spend a lot of time on it. But, the gesture goes a long way. After all, when was the last time you received a hand-written thank you card?

Back