Medicare Supplement Commission

pianoman0584

Are Med Supp commissions a standard flat rate in all states for Mutual of Omaha and AARP? If not what's the average commission percentage? Thanks.

Are Med Supp commissions a standard flat rate in all states for Mutual of Omaha and AARP? If not what's the average commission percentage? Thanks.

Mutual of Omaha Companies offer different commissions depending on the states. Many are grouped together (at 22%), but a handful of states operate on their own separate schedules.

Mutual of Omaha 'Street' Commission Schedule

AARP commission varies a lot from state to state, (ex: CO-$150/app, NE-$210/app). If you'd like state specific info for AARP, let us know which states you're interested in and we'd be happy to get you concrete levels for each state over to you.

Thanks for the info. Do renewels drop from 22%?

Just an FYI, there is no carrier I avoid more than MOO. They buy business and then close that company leaving only sick people behind. Rates skyrocket and policyholders get screwed. I doubt that you do you prospects/clients a favor by using them. Many of us have given up.

However, are you looking for the highest commission or the proper policy. I would love to use the carrier that pays me 23% but because of underwriting I have to default to $150 commission with AARP.

The bottom line is to do what's right for your client and you'll earn a good living.

Rick

Just an FYI, there is no carrier I avoid more than MOO. They buy business and then close that company leaving only sick people behind. Rates skyrocket and policyholders get screwed. I doubt that you do you prospects/clients a favor by using them. Many of us have given up.

However, are you looking for the highest commission or the proper policy. I would love to use the carrier that pays me 23% but because of underwriting I have to default to $150 commission with AARP.

The bottom line is to do what's right for your client and you'll earn a good living.

Rick

On a side note, I offer some pretty high Mutual of Omaha contracts for agents that are not above writing them.:yes:

I have a friend who signed with a MAPD plan and wants to change to me and make me the "agent of record" is that possible and if so, how does that happen?

Latest posts

Back