Medicare Supplement Question

The GI that AARP was paying 50% was if they had to answer the health questions, and they could answer NO to both questions.

No, I just got GI pay in ILL, Very healthy and the worst part about it is that it was not supposed to be a GI situation.

It was the trial period for MA which I used for PDP but AARP was not the original Supp company (Blue Cross)

The only reason I went with AARP was because she was stuck on she loved AARP her family loved AARP so it was easy just to go with them, Since she was resistant to anything not called AARP or Blue Cross

GI is when you do not have to answer any health questions. If you do have to answer any of the questions in Section 5 it is not considered a GI. Section 4 questions determine if you are GI. If you answer all in Section 4 NO then you have to ask the questions in Section 5.

GI is when you do not have to answer any health questions. If you do have to answer any of the questions in Section 5 it is not considered a GI. Section 4 questions determine if you are GI. If you answer all in Section 4 NO then you have to ask the questions in Section 5.

I answered NO this is not my 1st day

Also trial period is only supposed to be GI if they go back to original company
AARP UHC was not original company blue cross was

Besides other companies will do GI in GI situations even if you answer med questions

----------

Also AARP does not reduce payment for GI in Fl if thats the only place you sell them

----------

I'm sorry maybe I am wrong on FL, I thought I received communication they don't reduce in FL but I don't see that in my records now all I see is
no reduced rate in CO, CT, MA, MO, NY, OH, SC, TN, VT, and WA

If you answer No to both questions, it is GI. GI just means no underwriting, it does not mean you don't have to answer the questions. Look on the app... Section 4 questions determine skip to 6, but section 5 says "if you answered NO to both questions, skip to 6." GI

----------

No, I just got GI pay in ILL, Very healthy and the worst part about it is that it was not supposed to be a GI situation.

It was the trial period for MA which I used for PDP but AARP was not the original Supp company (Blue Cross)

The only reason I went with AARP was because she was stuck on she loved AARP her family loved AARP so it was easy just to go with them, Since she was resistant to anything not called AARP or Blue Cross

CMS rules are "if they want to go back to original insurer", but it is up to the carrier. AARP will take GI during trial period, even if they weren't the original company. Also, AARP will take them up to 2 years of trial period, not just one. It's all in the broker handbook.

If you answer No to both questions, it is GI. GI just means no underwriting, it does not mean you don't have to answer the questions. Look on the app... Section 4 questions determine skip to 6, but section 5 says "if you answered NO to both questions, skip to 6." GI

----------

CMS rules are "if they want to go back to original insurer", but it is up to the carrier. AARP will take GI during trial period, even if they weren't the original company. Also, AARP will take them up to 2 years of trial period, not just one. It's all in the broker handbook.

Yes I figured that.Its the AARP way

----------

At least I know in case I ever really need it

Shame could have given this one a better rate and full pay but any company besides AARP blue Cross and Aetna was meet with but I never heard of them.
And she hated Aetna for some reason

Maybe a crazy question, but if someone can answer no to the health questions why not underwrite anyway? It has been a long time since I have come across a GI from group insurance that insisted on plan F anyway.

Maybe a crazy question, but if someone can answer no to the health questions why not underwrite anyway? It has been a long time since I have come across a GI from group insurance that insisted on plan F anyway.

I suppose just an opportunity to pay less

My first experience with this was on Aflac supp in AZ
Very Health couple only wanted F and I didn't think for a second if I did not request GI and answered the med question it would be an issue

In fact I didn't even know they paid less on GI the only reason I opted not to take GI is they did not have required letter but they were health so I though no big deal will just do underwritten

they processed as GI and paid me 1 time $25 for each policy

It has been a long time since I have come across a GI from group insurance that insisted on plan F anyway.

I have done 23 employer to Plan F's so far this month.
Our local schools JPA sent out a letter in April indicating that all retirees with Part A & B will cost $467/month effective 7.01.15.
Since the employer plan currently acts like a Plan F, I sell F and a PDP.

Back