Medicare Training..............

Are you in Chris Westfall's group? Would you say that his training is specific to telesales ONLY vs meeting clients face to face in the field?

General Medicare training is going to help you either way. Understanding the product and the underwriting is 90% of the battle. Face to face or phone is secondary.

If you have any experience with health insurance Medicare supplements are a fairly easy product to understand and sell. Yes there are some nuances to learn about underwriting but marketing is 90% of the battle.

My name is Sheila and I have seen your posts on here. I have been researching for a long time trying to figure out how to get started as a new Independent Insurance Agent. Originally, I was most interested in Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage sales specifically because of the residual income and I still am but what I have been learning is that while MS and MA provide a very good stream of residual income, the upfront money isn't as good as FE sales which I have to have in order to pay my bills. I see that you primarily focus on MS so that's why I am writing you. I need some insight and guidance.

As of late, I have been considering starting with FE because of the upfront money and then as soon as possible after getting started and getting established in FE, I would like to get the training needed to get up and going in MS (buying leads, etc) and in MA, which I understand is a natural market to go along with FE sales. I hate to bother you but was hoping that maybe you could give me some guidance. I live in Tennessee and have found a couple agencies locally to me, one is David Duford of Final Expense Agent Mentor (Reardon on the forum) who only focuses on FE, but he can provide DM & other leads for FE, extensive training and field training but he told me that he could set me up with a good agency who does Medicare products. The other Agency is a smaller agency GMA who does it all and wants me to get signed up with all FE carriers MS and MA Carriers and begin selling them all upfront, but starting with FE for a few weeks while waiting till July to do the AHIP testing. But jumping into it all at almost the same time seems overwhelming to me and I have already received over a dozen carriers invitations to sign up with them all at once under him. Plus he believes primarily in Telemarketing Leads for FE and DM for MS and working Senior Seminars which he would train me to do but so would David Duford (for FE). Can you give me some guidance and suggestions PLEASE? Thank you

Back