Medsupp market collapsing all around

I understand all your saying . But the sky’s been falling on credit card debt,Commercial real estate defaults ,Mass inflation the last 3 yrs . But guess what i see no for sale signs of homes,no defaults , credit card CO’s and banks loss ratios still not bad . I work in the hollows and swallows of society every day . But the peeps can still buy their cigarettes and beer . Like i said and you agree we need a severe recession to stop inflation . There’s no we can fix this and nobody gets hurt . Unfortunately there must be severe pain to retrench demand big to reverse inflation

The DonP Indicator - When DonP is bullish on the economy, it's time time to short and short hard.

Seems obvious that if the pool of insured, which pay for all of their own pools expenses and the CEO salary and your commission and everything else, with no free government money, shrinks enough then it is simple math.

No amount of "advantage sucks" articles paid for by aforementioned CEO's will help. No amount of "collapse" bait will help speed it along either. Advantage is already like an economy car, some will continue to buy luxury for a very long time no mater how expensive. Some car companies will not make it. Certain economy cars are really nice. Luxury cars will never go away. Humans will make choices based upon things other than cost. Cost is just math.

Roaring 20's again?
There is no in-between.
You're either doing really well or you aren't.
Only this time the working middle class is getting annilated. No social programs for them. And they pay the vast majority of the countries taxes.

The growing wealth divide has a lot to do with technology eliminating more and more well paying jobs and because everybody says they wants to protect US jobs but nobody wants to actually pay more for all the stuff they buy cheap ( cheaper than it would be if made in the US ) from Amazon, Walmart etc. because of globalization.Not sure what the answer is but neither side seems to honestly address the facts.

I'll add that over the last 12 months, we have seen a decline in full-time jobs of around 1.5 million while seeing an increase in part-time jobs of around 1.9 million. That's not good for people trying to make ends meet.

But I keep hearing how awesome the economy is. The indicators are indicating.

Some company who does deep research on Medicare is predicting 10-20% med sup premium increases in 2025 . Combine that with possible double and tripling of pdp pricing and 2025 is going to interesting . Mapd will have higher copays , less benefits and possible deductibles on part d . In the end all have to have it’s just how the jello moving around shakes out
DonP : 10-15% rate increases on Med sups is commonplace in my market. Again, why is the supplement market imploding? Is the sky falling as well?

That is not what I am seeing most are stretching the dollar to put food on the table
I have seen that for several years now
I talk to many people

I also turn o the news and see many TV station want to claim the economy is better then ever and everyone is doing great

Honestly even for myself and my family, just fast food is insane, Went to Freddie's was nearly $50 for a family of 4 without Meals, just burgers and one fries,

I mean if it were years ago and I relied ion FF for lunch, working for a wage when working for a company, I would not imagine paying $15 a day

The math does not lie.. its right there

But you can turn on the news and hear what you want
Inflation and recession are not the same. We do have inflation, seemingly even at a higher rate than reported but the economy is not shrinking which is the definition of a recession.

The DonP Indicator - When DonP is bullish on the economy, it's time time to short and short hard.
I think I showed one of my stock accounts up near $1 mil last 12 months . Go look at the stock charts of Zimbabwe and Venezuela. Mkts ran 10-30 times with people starving . Stocks sky during big inflation as people desperate to stay ahead of inflation. Never predict stock prices but react

All I've got to add is this:

When ACA is booming, the economy sucks.

When I lose 6 ACA people in April because they got a FT job with benefits, the economy is doing just fine.

But Bill is right on the Med Supp increases, no one is bitching and that's why certain carriers took advantage of the situation, while justifying it to DOI's with the new Part B drugs.

Back