Melanoma, underwrite skin cancer?

I called a couple of the life ins companies today who have extremely loose underwriting. If the cancer was within a year, the applicant would be turned down.

Well... G.I. it is, as GoIllini52 initially suggested. Now, I'll need to pick the company that goes from only Return of Premium, to 100% death benefit the fastest.

Invasive Melanoma must be a very dangerous disease. Maybe those scary statistics ("1 out of 4 will get...") that Critical Illness companies like us to use are not an exaggeration.

I called a couple of the life ins companies today who have extremely loose underwriting. If the cancer was within a year, the applicant would be turned down. Well... G.I. it is, as GoIllini52 initially suggested. Now, I'll need to pick the company that goes from only Return of Premium, to 100% death benefit the fastest. Invasive Melanoma must be a very dangerous disease. Maybe those scary statistics ("1 out of 4 will get...") that Critical Illness companies like us to use are not an exaggeration.

Invasive melanoma is definitely a VERY dangerous disease. Once it spreads you have less than 40% chance of living 5-years.

I called a couple of the life ins companies today who have extremely loose underwriting. If the cancer was within a year, the applicant would be turned down.

Well... G.I. it is, as GoIllini52 initially suggested. Now, I'll need to pick the company that goes from only Return of Premium, to 100% death benefit the fastest.

Invasive Melanoma must be a very dangerous disease. Maybe those scary statistics ("1 out of 4 will get...") that Critical Illness companies like us to use are not an exaggeration.

They're all 2 years to get to 100% benefit(accident only in the 1st 2 years), although I think there's one that's 3 years.

I take it your in Illinois ?If no present cancer and no hospitalization last 30 days Snl and incredible $86 for $25k . Grange also cheap at $106. Can also write Ngl at $150 and Columbian with a 3 yr wait for $152. With all those Gis you can throw near $200 k together . Throw in moo, met life and a few others from online only and he could stack near $300k

I take it your in Illinois ?If no present cancer and no hospitalization last 30 days Snl and incredible $86 for $25k . Grange also cheap at $106. Can also write Ngl at $150 and Columbian with a 3 yr wait for $152. With all those Gis you can throw near $200 k together . Throw in moo, met life and a few others from online only and he could stack near $300k

Plus he could toss in around around a bunch of PreNeed insurance companies that would issue from $25,000 to $50,000 each with only a 12- month wait on the 70% coverage.

I've had one guy ever that bought every single GI plan he could find on his wife with cancer. He was throwing out huge premiums. She ended up living 3-years.

Fortunately for the insurance companies it goes against most people's nature to load up on GI when someone is already terminal.

When somebody mentions a persons terminal everyone on the board says "send him to preneed". If only terminal people went to preneed it wouldn't work. If only terminal people bought Gi it wouldn't work . That's why cos like moo don't use agents. I run into so many people who buy moo or colonial penn that could have gotten level . They need suckers to buy it. When you think about it snls product is ingenious . They're near the same price as Gerber on no smoker and 40% more on smoker. They get to access each risk with an rx check before accepting . If they don't like the risk they can deny a "Gi " priced Rop.Same with Gerber . With low comp,no renewals and a stiff 2 yr chargeback it discourages the agent from writing sick people . That's how premiums stay low

When somebody mentions a persons terminal everyone on the board says "send him to preneed". If only terminal people went to preneed it wouldn't work. If only terminal people bought Gi it wouldn't work . That's why cos like moo don't use agents. I run into so many people who buy moo or colonial penn that could have gotten level . They need suckers to buy it. When you think about it snls product is ingenious . They're near the same price as Gerber on no smoker and 40% more on smoker. They get to access each risk with an rx check before accepting . If they don't like the risk they can deny a "Gi " priced Rop.Same with Gerber . With low comp,no renewals and a stiff 2 yr chargeback it discourages the agent from writing sick people . That's how premiums stay low

I wouldn't want to be an investor in Gerber's book. Vantis took the first hit. I think a few years from now we will look back on these Gerber GI days as the good old days as far as GI is concerned.

Back