Memorial Day is Coming Up - Will You Take the Day Off...

Jacqueline and I will be spending the weekend visiting with and having dinner with Rick. He's coming to St. Louis so I can "train" him to sell Med Supps.

Obviously he couldn't say that on the board. :D

I will be spending my time to write to everyone of my friends/acquaintances and most of all family members who are protecting us every day as well as the family of my good friends who I've lost in the current wars.

It's one day out of our lives where we should all think about what gives us the freedom to go sit and drink beer at the pool all day if we choose! I think I can spare a day from making calls to make sure those people know they are appreciated.

Please tell me you guys are kidding. Please.

PS-I can tell you with a great degree of certainty that Dave Ramsey will not be working on Memorial Day.
Yeah, but you know what the difference in Dave Ramsey and me is? I'd say about $20 million or so, isn't that about what his net worth is?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will be spending my time to write to everyone of my friends/acquaintances and most of all family members who are protecting us every day as well as the family of my good friends who I've lost in the current wars.

It's one day out of our lives where we should all think about what gives us the freedom to go sit and drink beer at the pool all day if we choose! I think I can spare a day from making calls to make sure those people know they are appreciated.
Look, I never said that you should not take time to honor those who have given their lives in the service of our country and their families. But I did say that it doesn't take 100% of the time of your day Monday to do it.

And I'm sure you won't be spending 100% of your day doing that either.

Last edited:
or do something different?

First off, I know what Memorial Day is officially about. I got it. But you don't necessarily have to take a full day off from work to honor veterans who died in the service of our country. You can do something else.

Or, as the person everybody around here loves, Dave Ramsey, says - "If you want to live like no one else, you've got to live like no one else".

So, you can spend all day Monday doing nothing, or you can take a few hours and cold walk residences, cold call, or get in touch with people who have been eluding you.

Last year, I got out my goofy looking American flag tie, put on a long sleeve dress shirt (no Dwight Shrewt here) and my American Legion pin, and went after it.

I door knocked at some neighborhoods that I'd been after for a while, and got to see LOTS of people. And they were nice, I was offered ribs and sweet tea on more than one occasion, and I had some great success getting in front of people who I'd never be able to get in front of on a normal day.

So, take from this what you will, but you have an opportunity on Monday to, while still honoring those who gave their lives for our country, to do something for yourself as well.

I hate to admit here on this public forum with all of these superb agents monitoring my every word, but yes, I am taking Monday off(our P&C office is closed), and if you can keep a secret, tomorrow is my birthday, and I taking that off too, my wife has a surprise for me, don't tell anybody but I hope it's some PEACE and QUIET. Oh and Sunday, well that's the Sabboth and I'm taking that day off too. Saturday's not looking much better...

Oh no, I'm going broke. :D

Back