Middle Market

You need to better describe your question. As written, its for mind readers.

If you take any one of those categories, there is no 'one size fits most' carriers.

I guess I'm not understanding the premise of your question. Let me try this again....

What are you trying to get to from your question? It seems very vague to me. Give me an example.

Dan

If you take any one of those categories, there is no 'one size fits most' carriers. I guess I'm not understanding the premise of your question. Let me try this again.... What are you trying to get to from your question? It seems very vague to me. Give me an example. Dan

I am not referring to a specific account. I am referring to a specific industry type. Of course there are a lot of different kinds of manufactures, but some companies like this type of business and others don't. I'm failing to see what is so complicated here.

----------

Depends on the type of middle market. Harleysville has a middle market product I believe that does well.

Yes they do, but I am concerned that since the Nationwide merger things may change there quickly.

I am not referring to a specific account. I am referring to a specific industry type. Of course there are a lot of different kinds of manufactures, but some companies like this type of business and others don't. I'm failing to see what is so complicated here.

I sometimes over read into a question. Heck, a lot of times I do. But for some reason, I'm not understanding the question on this one.

The answer to your original question of 'who are some of the best mid-market companies out there' would simply be a list of companies, but with no rhyme or reason or 'when' they are the best company. Because of that, I don't get what the point is. I assume you are after something other than just a list of insurance companies.

I'll just step back. I'm confusing things. I'm sure I'm making this harder than you meant for it to be, I just can't figure out how to help you with a meaningful answer though.

Dan

P.S. I'm reading this the equivalent of 'Who is the cheapest auto carrier?' which is a meaningless question without context.

Kinda like DJ said, it depends on what you are looking at and even to an extent what premium threshold you define as middle market.

Most companies can take on a middle market risk, but how competitive they are is a different story.

Travelers can do well on condo associations and apartment complexes. They're looking at a condo association/golf resort for me right now. It taps in around 190,000... Cincinnati also does well on these... EMC can get aggressive on petroleum marketers... Hanover can do really well on recyclers and manufacturing stuff.

There's all kinds of answers to the original question.

Kinda like DJ said, it depends on what you are looking at and even to an extent what premium threshold you define as middle market. Most companies can take on a middle market risk, but how competitive they are is a different story. Travelers can do well on condo associations and apartment complexes. They're looking at a condo association/golf resort for me right now. It taps in around 190,000... Cincinnati also does well on these... EMC can get aggressive on petroleum marketers... Hanover can do really well on recyclers and manufacturing stuff. There's all kinds of answers to the original question.

Yes, this is what I was looking for. I wanted it to be a more general question so the answers and companies would vary greatly. I would like to hear about a lot of different carriers and what they are good at. I wanted all kinds of answers to the original question.

Back