Might Think About This when Driving Policies in the Door.

Team up with other businesses that market to the same clients in order to get more quotes. I want to share something we did and see how you could use it in your agency.

Our insurance agency was located next door to a popular lunchtime sandwich shop. It was a small franchise but the owner was local and actually worked at the store each day.
We decided that we wanted to market to the lunchtime crowd that were standing in line every day outside our door. For about 2 hours each day, the place was packed. It was a great opportunity!

So we talked to the owner and came up with an idea. We made up some small cards that were good for a free 6 inch sandwich. They were printed with our agency info and all you had to do to get one was get a quote! (We mailed them to people who got a quote over the phone too.)

Once someone got a quote, they could go next door and redeem their card. The owner kept the card and then billed us a discounted rate for the sandwich each month. It cost us around $3 per quote. Then we put a sandwich board style sign outside the door each day offering a free sandwich if you got a free quote! It worked.

People got quotes (and we made sales). We had a low lead cost and the other local business got more business at the same time.

There is no substitute for great win-win situations.
Think about some of the local business owners you know. Who could you team up with? Is there a place close by with a large crowd. I’ve heard of agents doing this with free pizzas too! Try it and see if it works for you.

Last edited:
Team up with other businesses that market to the same clients in order to get more quotes.* I want to share something we did and see how you could use it in your agency.
Our insurance agency was located next door to a popular lunchtime sandwich shop.* It was a small franchise but the owner was local and actually worked at the store each day.
We decided that we wanted to market to the lunchtime crowd that were standing in line every day outside our door.* For about 2 hours each day, the place was packed.* It was a great opportunity!
So we talked to the owner and came up with an idea.* We made up some small cards that were good for a free 6 inch sandwich.* They were printed with our agency info and all you had to do to get one was get a quote!* (We mailed them to people who got a quote over the phone too.)
Once someone got a quote, they could go next door and redeem their card.* The owner kept the card and then billed us a discounted rate for the sandwich each month.* It cost us around $3 per quote.
Then we put a sandwich board style sign outside the door each day offering a free sandwich if you got a free quote! *
It worked.* People got quotes (and we made sales).* We had a low lead cost and the other local business got more business at the same time.
I’ve said it before, but there is no substitute for great win-win situations.
Think about some of the local business owners you know.* Who could you team up with?* Is there a place close by with a large crowd.* I’ve heard of agents doing this with free pizzas too!* Try it and start attracting more clients.

Great idea and information. I think this would work well in certain areas. Even if you didn't make a sale initially, it would build up a nice pipeline of individuals to drip market to . Thanks for sharing

hurts my eyes to read..........

John Sharpe, not cool to make over 20 comments today just so you can add your website to your signature.....

This causes you to fall under................TROLL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back