Mortgage vs. Insurance?

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello to all Sales Pros,

I've been in sales on straight commission for past five years and have cold calling and outside sales experience. I like the idea of working from home as some of you guys a are doing. My question is I need your honest opinion between the mortgage and insurance business. I hear guys doing well in both business but I seem to can't make up my mind just yet.

I have experience in self generating my own leads thru cold calling because I was trained to get social security #'s over the phone in call 1. I was intoduced to this business by an independent agent last week and he invited me over to his house and will give me training one on one if I decide to obtain a state license. So, is it mortgage or insurance?

Hey SalPro,

He's an associate I met last week selling health insurance as an independent agent brokering for different companies like assurant, g.r.,etc.
Sal, he said my commissions will be paid directly from the provider or company and the average commission is 18-20%. I don't know how he gets his cut or commission check from overides but he will recieve overides from me when I prospect on phone and close deals over the phone..

Im in Illinois but looking to branch in other states because it's tooo saturated here I think and looking to prospect in less saturated states.

Im in Illinois but looking to branch in other states because it's tooo saturated here I think and looking to prospect in less saturated states.

dude...thats just a line morg. nonmed scums tell green agents......if you know your stuff there is enough buss. in your back yard to make a living.....

I played bluebonnet and kizer golf course and liked the barbque meat at that one famous restaurant on highway 30.:)

Assurant is very competitive in your state and listed in the top 10. GR is also nice. Ask the agent what type of training he offers and support.

There is nothing wrong with taking an override on an agent as long as you get something in return.

Thanks SalPro,

First, I'm going to work as a telemarketer for him for half of commision to check if he offers support or not while I study for my exam. But the problem is I'm moving to another state in four months and I'm not sure where to get my primary l&h insurance license.

What state are you moving to and what pay structure does he have you set up on as a telemarketer?

Back