NC Exchange

mariemerganser

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
A couple of questions:
1) Is NC operating on the federal exchange?
2) Can a SSDisability and Medicare individual get on an exchange plan? They don't have a supp, they are currently on a self insured plan that is currently their primary and Medicare is secondary. I know this is probably a stupid question but I am being asked to double check.

A couple of questions:
1) Is NC operating on the federal exchange?
2) Can a SSDisability and Medicare individual get on an exchange plan? They don't have a supp, they are currently on a self insured plan that is currently their primary and Medicare is secondary. I know this is probably a stupid question but I am being asked to double check.

No they can't get an exchange plan and they did ask a stupid question.

Ok thanks. Talked to Cigna and they said I could write it with them as long as Cigna is primary because they won't coordinate benefits.

If client has medicare, Cigna major medical will be over kill. Your client needs a medicare supplement plan. What you are doing now seems like wasted premium on the client's part. If the client is still working, the self insured plan will be best for them (especially if they are not paying for it). Otherwise, the medicare supplement is the better option as compared to what you are offering.

I may be wrong about what you are describing, but if it is what I am thinking, another agent will throw you under the bus if they find your client. You will lose a client and get a bad name with your client.

You are absolutely right russelltw. It is a big waste of money but this particular situation is a bit out of the box.

Back