Need a Telemarketer?

steph0216

Expert
I've been using several Philippine telemarketers to generate Medicare leads. I'm restructuring things a bit for the coming year and there is one gal who I'll no longer be needing. She is good on the phone (speaks english well), and fully trained on the dialing software and scripts for 66+ and T65. She just wasn't a good fit for me, but she is a sweet girl and I figured I would reach out see if anyone was look for a new telemarketer! If so, pm me for more details. I currently pay her $3/hour, 20 hours/week and she usually brings in about 15 leads per week.

It ought yo be illegal for you to pay such low wages. Shame on you.
Im not sure if you are trolling or not. But call center jobs in the Philippines are sought after jobs, other than having to work the graveyard shift to call into the US, they can pay pretty well. The cost of living there is significantly lower than here. I have read where call center position can pay more than a Physician in the Philippines.

Just because you can get someone to work for $3 doesn't mean you should.

My graphics kid in Bangladesh will make any changes to images for me for $3. I keep him so busy he makes more than his Dad. You have a very limited mindset when it comes to global economics.

This very question/dilemma was the topic of an assigned paper in my Ethics class as part of my MSBA program.

The conclusion I reached was that it was indeed unethical to pay such low wages, knowing that you were supporting continuing poverty in a third-world country.

On the other side of the coin, if you don't do it, someone else will, which puts you at an economic disadvantage. Now we can discuss the ethics of letting your kids go hungry.

This very question/dilemma was the topic of an assigned paper in my Ethics class as part of my MSBA program.

The conclusion I reached was that it was indeed unethical to pay such low wages, knowing that you were supporting continuing poverty in a third-world country.

On the other side of the coin, if you don't do it, someone else will, which puts you at an economic disadvantage. Now we can discuss the ethics of letting your kids go hungry.
And if you elect not to hire the kid in the third world country and he starves to death because you did not pay him the $3 per hour, that is ethical?

If you did a careful assessment of the other opportunities available to this young person to earn a living-like begging in the street, working in a factory, working in a field, stealing, driving a passenger bicycle - or whatever - once the computer is paid for, $3 per hour to use it may be a far greater reward than you know.

It ought yo be illegal for you to pay such low wages. Shame on you.

I can go liberal, pro-union, pro-whatever with the best of them. And I admit, when I first heard about what telemarketers are paid in the Philippines, I had the same reaction.

Reached out to a friend who immigrated from there and still has family there. He told me that $3 in the Philippines is the same as $25 here. That's a GREAT job for them and in high demand. We aren't treating them bad at $3/hour. We are getting them out of poverty.

And newsflash...Free Market Economics is a win for everyone.

Back