Need Help, Its Been Horrible....

Did he have a Direct Express Card. If he didn't have any money in it until March, it wouldn't have made any difference...the coverage wouldn't be in effect until the company got their money. I don't know what you could've done.

As far as using this story, hell yes use it. It shows what can happen when you put off taking care of business. Now he has to go ROP.

Yeah, he was DE. I didn't think there was much I could do, but it never hurts to ask!

----------

That is as bad as it gets. Just fill out the application with trans. (make sure to fill out direct express page) Set the appropriate date he gets his money and wait until it clears. You will rarely have people have money in their account on the spot. Most companies can draft 30-45 days until they receive their money. Don't worry about it though. Direct express business is usually a waist of time. I write it with trans though. They do a good job with it.

Thanks. And you're absolutely right, the persistency is terrible on DE. At least he would have been covered though.

Here's something that came up on me this week that isn't so hilarious. In sales trainings, you always hear them say you need to have a "good story". How about this one..

I met with a man who currently had no life insurance, and was looking for enough money to cover his funeral expenses. I pull out an application, went through all the questions, and he qualified with no problem. He wanted the policy but didn't have a checking account, and couldn't pay until after he got his next SS check in early March. He asked me to call him in the last week of February to arrange to collect payment. Tuesday, I call him, his son answered the phone, and he proceeds to tell me he had a heart attack and is in the hospital!!

I, obviously, feel like I failed this guy. Since everyone on here is so brutally honest, I would love to hear some feedback about how you would have overcame that objection in the house. This one's gonna haunt me for a while.

Secondly, would you use that story during your presentation?

(I know I'm gonna get hammered on here for this one!)

Don't know why you would get hammered.. it is what it is. If he had no money, he had no money.

Did he have a Direct Express Card. If he didn't have any money in it until March, it wouldn't have made any difference...the coverage wouldn't be in effect until the company got their money. I don't know what you could've done.

As far as using this story, hell yes use it. It shows what can happen when you put off taking care of business. Now he has to go ROP.

There are some companies that will bind the coverage if they have permission to draft and the draft clears, even if the draft is in the future.

Here's something that came up on me this week that isn't so hilarious. In sales trainings, you always hear them say you need to have a "good story". How about this one..

I met with a man who currently had no life insurance, and was looking for enough money to cover his funeral expenses. I pull out an application, went through all the questions, and he qualified with no problem. He wanted the policy but didn't have a checking account, and couldn't pay until after he got his next SS check in early March. He asked me to call him in the last week of February to arrange to collect payment. Tuesday, I call him, his son answered the phone, and he proceeds to tell me he had a heart attack and is in the hospital!!

I, obviously, feel like I failed this guy. Since everyone on here is so brutally honest, I would love to hear some feedback about how you would have overcame that objection in the house. This one's gonna haunt me for a while.

Secondly, would you use that story during your presentation?

(I know I'm gonna get hammered on here for this one!)

Here is my response. "Im sorry Marvin but I dont have time to come back, Im super busy you see, I get over 1000 requests for this information. If i come back to everyone who doesnt want me to write them up right away then I would not be able to be here with you now. understand?"

If they give me any bull I get up and walk out.

Pretty sure Trans and 5 star...although I wouldn't want to test them out:skeptical:

I don't have either one of those and have no desire to.

----------

5 Star will do it, but only on a bank draft. I've done it a couple of times, but it's not something I would make a habit of.

Don't want them, not after I found out all the bad things JD has to say about them.:biggrin:

Back