Need Renters Carriers

another issue, MINIMUM PRODUCTION NUMBERS....

Some carriers require $25,000 or MORE in GWP a year, thats an amazing amount of renters policies, makes my head hurt just thinking about it...

and alot of carriers dont like renters policies, they lose their asses on them but offer them because they kinda have too....

if a carrier sees you issuing ONLY renters policies, you can kiss your code BYE BYE

Sounds like ASI is the only carrier suggested thus far.
Thanks

----------

True but it only works because your bank had plenty of opportunities to cross-sell.

----------

And yes, this is true. But if it's a relatively simple sell, the future possibilities are enormous. To me, this is about gathering hundreds of clients (over a few years) and presenting my own cross-sell opportunities. Just like we did at the bank. This is a numbers game; it's not about the commission soley. It's about staying in front of hundreds of households for future selling opportunites; having a reason to call and to mail. Chicago is a huge, untapped market for RI.

Sounds like ASI is the only carrier suggested thus far.
Thanks

----------

True but it only works because your bank had plenty of opportunities to cross-sell.

----------

And yes, this is true. But if it's a relatively simple sell, the future possibilities are enormous. To me, this is about gathering hundreds of clients (over a few years) and presenting my own cross-sell opportunities. Just like we did at the bank. This is a numbers game; it's not about the commission soley. It's about staying in front of hundreds of households for future selling opportunites; having a reason to call and to mail. Chicago is a huge, untapped market for RI.

well, a few experienced people have told you their opinions, and you seem to ignore them.....

Come back in a year and tell us how it goes :swoon:

I wasn't asking should I do it, I asked for carrier suggestions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I have mine.

Thanks

I wasn't asking should I do it, I asked for carrier suggestions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I have mine.

Thanks

Wow you have some manners I answer your question with the best possible fit for you and you ignored me without even a thank you!

Good Luck you obviously have a plan. You can try ASI they offer Property, Landlord and the most famous Renters Insurance. Guys leave him alone he was asking if you know of a carrier that he can only do renters insurance with not if its a good idea or not.
ASI sucks. They will make you sell Home insurance and if you don't you will be dropped fast. Guess what they turn down 69 percent of what you sell. They are a joke. They will not take renters policy only. They are a joke. Stay away.

----------

another issue, MINIMUM PRODUCTION NUMBERS.... Some carriers require $25,000 or MORE in GWP a year, thats an amazing amount of renters policies, makes my head hurt just thinking about it... and alot of carriers dont like renters policies, they lose their asses on them but offer them because they kinda have too.... if a carrier sees you issuing ONLY renters policies, you can kiss your code BYE BYE
yes you are correct. Plus loss ratio concerns.

----------

Sounds like ASI is the only carrier suggested thus far. Thanks ----------
don't do it. They will waste your time and give you a bad reputation with you clients.

ASI sucks. They will make you sell Home insurance and if you don't you will be dropped fast. Guess what they turn down 69 percent of what you sell. They are a joke. They will not take renters policy only. They are a joke. Stay away. ---------- yes you are correct. Plus loss ratio concerns. ---------- don't do it. They will waste your time and give you a bad reputation with you clients.

We have never had any issues with ASI as a carrier, as long as you adhere to their underwriting guidelines you will have no issues. Why are they turning down your business?

I love ASI. Great to work with and very competitive for homeowners. PSIC only offers property insurance including renters. I'm with the other agents though, selling only renters would be miserable. I won't even quote renters unless they are placing auto insurance with us too.

Back