Need Some Help for Florida MM.

CaptiveBroke(r)

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I need some help from the health agents here as I don't normally quote it.

Female, 50 NS, good health, not presently insured looking for major medical possibly with doctor copays.

Any ideas?...I've looked at Assurant and UHChoiceOne but like I said, this is not my niche.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

Female, 50 NS, good health, not presently insured looking for major medical possibly with doctor copays.

Any ideas?...I've looked at Assurant and UHChoiceOne but like I said, this is not my niche.

Assurant has no copays in their plans in Florida.

UHC1 is OK, rates can be a little high and there is a 6 month coverage exclusion for some things like female reproductive organs.

Blue Cross and Humana typically have the lowest rates although it does vary around the state.

Everything changes in January, it's unlikely someone uninsured will pay the $200+ monthly premium for even a high deductible plan.

In addition to what FLM said, you need to know their household income to determine what is best. If above 400% FPL, or even 300%, they will want to go with Assurant since they are offering a rate lock and plan lock to 12/14'. Since she is not insured now, cost will go up 20%. She must have had a physical within past 3 yrs to get preferred rates.

I would not write UHC with a female, due to those reproductive organs waiting period.

If in good health, and higher income, I would write the Aetna 5500 HSA plan that is very well priced. they require a physical in last 2 yrs, and won't raise rates for no prior insurance.

Best to pass on the lead to an experienced broker as there are other questions to consider. Copay plans are a rip off, and it takes someone who does this full time to re-educate them on an HSA plan

In addition to what FLM said, you need to know their household income to determine what is best. If above 400% FPL, or even 300%, they will want to go with Assurant since they are offering a rate lock and plan lock to 12/14'. Since she is not insured now, cost will go up 20%. She must have had a physical within past 3 yrs to get preferred rates.

I would not write UHC with a female, due to those reproductive organs waiting period.

If in good health, and higher income, I would write the Aetna 5500 HSA plan that is very well priced. they require a physical in last 2 yrs, and won't raise rates for no prior insurance.

Best to pass on the lead to an experienced broker as there are other questions to consider. Copay plans are a rip off, and it takes someone who does this full time to re-educate them on an HSA plan

If you want you can pass it on to Bill, I don't work with clients without prior coverage, it is the first thing that comes off the books.

Back