Networking Tips

I go to atleast 3-4 networking events a month. After awhile its the same people over and over, so you just schmooze away.
I would transition from an elevator pitch to updates, "this is what I helped a client find" when your seeing the same people.
Get a newsletter out to every card you collect.

I purposely seek out the financial people first and for the biggest event (400 people) they wear green name tags, I don't wear that color, I wear the Entrepreneur color (yellow) so people don't filter me like the other financial bankers and brokers.

My pitch is that I am an exit planner, and people will always ask what that is, and I then go into my 5 ways spiel and I will ask if they are a small business owner, and if they tell me yes I will transition, if they aren't a small business owner I will tell them that I am a glorified insurance broker that gets the best price for what they are trying to accomplish whether its life, health, auto, home or Medicare.

I connect with the people who I exchange cards with on linkedin immediately that night or the next day, I tell them I am going to treat them like a client and send a monthly newsletter to them that will inform and update them about what's going on in the financial world

I set up an appointment with the financial and insurance guys asap, they are a great source of coi leads when you get one that works. I also introduce all the insurance and financial guys to my SOC guy, which he greatly appreciates.

I also think its great to make friends with the local SOC guy. Show him insuranceletters.com and with that tool as an affiliate he can upsell and help his mortgage, real estate, and financial/insurance soc clients with card content from the letters.

My soc guy has already referred a mortgage broker that I help his clients with mortgage protection. I am now working on a NY mortgage broker who deals with high cost loans $$$$, if I can write a few of those that will be nice...

My nominee for "Post of the Year". (The Posty?)

Back