Never Doing this Again

In Florida anyway everybody that qualifies for a MSP whether it's at the QMB level, SLMB level ,Q1 level etc are considered dual eligible and all will at least have their part B premium paid for by Florida Medicaid however only QMB are considered FULL DUAL ELIGIBLE and qualify for part B premium, Medicare A&B deductibles and the 20% to be covered by state Medicaid. The others levels( SLMB, Q1) are PARTIAL DUAL ELIGIBLE The full dual are the ones that most of the DE SNP MA plans are designed for however there are some MA SNP designed for partial Medicaid.

I found a form like you are describing for CA and it is only 3 pages, not too bad. No fax number is listed though. I am wondering if that is the CA equivalent of the form you are describing.

How do you find out after faxing the letter if they qualified for a MSP plan ? (do you have to call and ask them if they got a letter from medicaid ? )

I had a guy tell me the medi-cal application they gave him at the social security department was much bigger than that. He gave up on it because it was too many pages.

Maybe social security gives them a medi-cal application that is for more than just the MSP programs ?

How do the plans that are designed for partial duals work ?

I don't think there is a specially designed partial dual plan in my area, in that case, does a partial dual just go on a regular MAPD type plan ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think that Calif uses Slmb, QI-1 like the other states do. Instead, a person is either medi-cal OR medi-cal share of cost. Healthnet has a plan for both kinds. I once had a Healthnet mb with a high share of cost $750 or so qualified for a rich Healthnet plan, but without LIS. The medi-cal app that I've used in the past is only 4 pages. Form is : MC 210 2/10 APPLICATION I think that there's a backlog due to all of the obummercare deadbeats getting processed.

I'm not sure if there's a way to check or not. When I had a SCAN appointment, there was a number that I could call. Some uplines are able to check it for you. There might be a state form that the prospect can sign that let's you obtain eligibility info for the client. Medi-cal offices are in just about every calif city. They like to make it very easy for ppl to apply for the free benefits, espec for illegals.

Last edited:
I don't think that Calif uses Slmb, QI-1 like the other states do. Instead, a person is either medi-cal OR medi-cal share of cost.

Interesting. I am wondering if the carrier reps would be able to clarify something like this ? I know the FMO's sure can't.

Healthnet has a plan for both kinds. I once had a Healthnet mb with a high share of cost $750 or so qualified for a rich Healthnet plan, but without LIS. The medi-cal app that I've used in the past is only 4 pages. Form is : MC 210 2/10 APPLICATION I think that there's a backlog due to all of the obummercare deadbeats getting processed.

Do you sign that form as "the person helping them" ?

Do you instruct them to fax or mail the form in ?

I have seen another form that is about 4 pages, but it only talks about QMB, QI, SLMB, I wonder when one is used and not used ?

Is that $750 a year SOC ?

I'm not sure if there's a way to check or not. When I had a SCAN appointment, there was a number that I could call. Some uplines are able to check it for you. There might be a state form that the prospect can sign that let's you obtain eligibility info for the client. Medi-cal offices are in just about every calif city. They like to make it very easy for ppl to apply for the free benefits, espec for illegals.

One of the carriers mentioned to me they could check medi-cal status for me. Not sure if that means they can check to see if somebody applying is approved or check on status of people & level currently approved ?

Thanks!

I'm in FL. I never fill out the Medicare buy-in as the person assisting. My understanding is that only people who are certified through DCF need to do so.

Humana will process a buy-in app for you. You can also contact them for eligibility status. I haven't utilized them for this. WellCare will give you the status as well.

I'm in FL. I never fill out the Medicare buy-in as the person assisting. My understanding is that only people who are certified through DCF need to do so.

Humana will process a buy-in app for you. You can also contact them for eligibility status. I haven't utilized them for this. WellCare will give you the status as well.

So Humana is where you send the Medicaid application to ?

Yeah but why wouldn't you want to do it for you customer ? The paper app only takes about 5 minutes to complete and by doing it you get a lot of information that might come in handy later like their ss number and dob so you can verify via the Florida DCF automated line the progress of their application and all the correct demographic information needed for the eventual health plan application and most important you remain very much in the loop as their Medicare/Medicaid expert. I don't this by design but it happens - the application ask if they have life insurance so you will know how much they have, the cash value , the name of the life co. and what they pay for it or even better many times they will say " I don't have any life Insurance but I sure need to get me some !" ding ding ding ! I have circled back many times after the Medicare health plan sale is in the bag and compliantly sell them FE. Before the ban on cross selling on same appointment this was a beautiful thing.

And if the above aren't good enough reasons why the agent should do it I can give you a very good reason why NOT to let Humana do it .Did you know that the people in the " Social Services " departments for Humana, UHC etc. will warm transfer these consumers as leads to the telesales dept. if the consumer ask a question relating to the benefits of the plans the carrier offers since they are not licensed agents and therefore are prohibited from discussing plan benefits. They are lead generators for the carriers telesales dept.!

Back