• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New agent(s)

I get what you mean about Duals being fragile and easy to loose to another agent but I do know medicaid homecare agencies so I'd like to learn more about those plans and see if I can help there.

There's nothing wrong with someone doing Duals. They need a good agent. It'll also be easier because EVERYONE wants you to market them.

You'll need AHIP for sure.

Expect a 10-15% in your book attrition every year, BUT you should be able to mitigate that pretty easily if you partner with someone that pushes Duals and really work on after sale relationship building.

I've been really lucky on people that contact me to partner, but I probably make em mad because I tell them no more often then yes.

Also, if you contract with Todd I don't think you have to pay for MedicareTraining101.com

If you ever have questions feel free to ask. While I don't mind answering basic questions, sometimes people want to ask me to do upline kind if support, which I don't do downlines and I consider that coaching, which I charge for my time.

Last edited:
Brain surgery seems a little more advanced than what we are discussing, not to belittle any profession but brain surgery seems much more advanced, but I could be wrong.

You probably don't know who Jethro Bodine is, so my tongue-in-cheek comment sailed over your head.

Based on what you have posted so far, your biggest challenge will probably be the same one everyone faces . . . leads.

Good luck.

You probably don't know who Jethro Bodine is, so my tongue-in-cheek comment sailed over your head.

Based on what you have posted so far, your biggest challenge will probably be the same one everyone faces . . . leads.

Good luck.

Haha, not gonna lie. I did need to look him up but I knew who he was once I saw the picture.

Yes, leads are tough. I suppose you could be the best, most educated, honest, savvy agent out there but if you don't have anyone to work with you are DOA.

How do you prefer to generate leads?
Direct mail, seminars, health fairs, Facebook? All of the above?

My leads call or email me.

Very little paid advertising. Most find me via YouTube or FB. I run $300/month FB ads and just started DM. This is a long game, especially when doing DM. Might be 3 or 4 months before I get a nibble.

When they do find me, usually they swim up to the boat and jump in.

Last edited:
Direct mail, seminars, health fairs, Facebook? All of the above?

I am 100% referral based. I did BNI for a few years (which I highly recommend, not only for the referrals but for the networking training). I have financial planners who send me people. I am anal about sending out Thank You cards to clients who send me people. I will do educational (that's a legal term with CMS) seminars for free to anyone who asks. I have done churches, ladies cards groups and financial planners will ask me to do them, also. My thought is that its 3 hours and the presentation is already done anyway. Why not?

I am not good at calling leads, cold calling or whatever else. I'm actually not that good of a salesperson. But I am a fabulous networker.

I have a FB page that I post on a bit and will run ads every once in a while. Mainly so that my friends remember me if they need me.

Get rich slow is a great piece of advice. What I tell people is that you are going to eat Ramen in year 1, McDonalds in year 2 and at the end of year 3, if you can't eat steak, you need to find a job.

The point is, you have to figure out what works for you. :)

am anal about sending out Thank You cards to clients who send me people.

This is my MO.

I do inbound DM. Anyone that calls me, wether they buy from me or not, they get a thank you card and a branded letter opener with a reminder to not keep me a secret if someone needs Medicare help.

Back