New Assurant system

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Just passing on news - not a debate about rates:

Starting this Monday the 23rd Assurant clients will have the option to attest to the application for instant issue within 60 seconds. A computer will indeed run a MIB and pharmacy check however if the app doesn't require any further medical questions and there's no hits on the MIB or pharmacy check it'll be instantly issued. Clients can then go to a website and print off their insurance cards. Agents will need download new software which will be available this weekend.

Even clients who don't qualify for instant approval will receive a decision within 48 hours barring an APS.

Last edited:
Now that's cool.... except it means they feel the computers of the world know WAY to much about us.... but it's cool anyway!

Bluecross does this for their Tonik products, which are somewhat limited. It's good to see it hitting the more complete coverage products.

Just passing on news - not a debate about rates:

Starting this Monday the 23rd Assurant clients will have the option to attest to the application for instant issue within 60 seconds. A computer will indeed run a MIB and pharmacy check however if the app doesn't require any further medical questions and there's no hits on the MIB or pharmacy check it'll be instantly issued. Clients can then go to a website and print off their insurance cards. Agents will need download new software which will be available this weekend.

Even clients who don't qualify for instant approval will receive a decision within 48 hours barring an APS.

Sounds good but I dont think I have had an applicant that hasnt required an APS. I have clients pending now requiring several APS's from a few Docs!

Interesting. I've only had 3 APS requests on the past year. Applies to all the companies I write through - hardly ever have GR or Aetna request a APS.

Interesting. I've only had 3 APS requests on the past year. Applies to all the companies I write through - hardly ever have GR or Aetna request a APS.

Must be Unicare then. I have one family with 4 people and all 4 are requiring APS's. Each one of them have at least 2 APS's pending. One has 3 APS's pending. I would say my Unicare APS request rate is about 75-85% of my apps!

Something is drastically wrong. It's either:

1) You're putting in an unreal percentage of people with semi-major health conditions

2) You're not giving the underwriters the needed info to process the app

3) Unicare (or parent company) is getting hit hard with post-underwriting fines and is now solving that by going APS crazy.

Back