• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New guy here with questions

whimtreasures

Hello, new here but already like the forum. As newly licensed I'm now ready to hit the road in this industry and looking for some suggestions. A little background. I'm starting my second career as I have been in sales and management in another industry for 30 years but took a hiatus last year to take care of my elderly mother and also because of corporate burnout. Ready to now get going again. I'm a consultative sales type but not afraid of the close. I truly do believe people buy from people they trust and like and this is one of the reasons I have decided to enter this field. I'm good at building rapport. I like the idea of actually helping people while making money. So anyway a few questions and please I'm not looking for anyone hyping their company nor bashing another just honest opinions from the experienced agents. What's a new guy to do?

1. Is it better concentrating on one type of insurance product or diversify when getting started?
2. Who has the best combination of comp, lead prices, training etc for a newly licensed guy but with yons of sales experience? Don't need much training in sales I believe; just the products. Is it better to work for IMO? Thoughts on MLM? Not really into that right now, just looking to write on my own pen for now. Thank yo in advance for your suggestions. Go get em!

1. Is it better concentrating on one type of insurance product or diversify when getting started?

In my opinion, having an ideal client profile with given needs or attitudes... and serving that profile with 1-3 products is far better than just selling product.

2. Who has the best combination of comp, lead prices, training etc for a newly licensed guy but with yons of sales experience? Don't need much training in sales I believe; just the products. Is it better to work for IMO? Thoughts on MLM? Not really into that right now, just looking to write on my own pen for now. Thank yo in advance for your suggestions. Go get em!

Famous last words.

Depending on the market you want to sell to and the products you want to sell, it's EITHER a "features, benefits, price, do you wanna buy?" presentation OR it's what I call a "context sale" because of other external factors that create the value in the product.

For example: In my opinion, selling "mortgage protection" and/or "final expense" is often a simpler product sale for that marketplace. But if you wanted to sell participating whole life, IUL, annuities and/or wealth management... that's a different process altogether.

Choose a marketplace, then determine what skills you'll need to reach and sell to that marketplace.

Thank you. Good analogy. Because I'm older...but not old lol I thought about the senior market. Think maybe I could build rapport easier unlike some young wippersnapper...

Where ever you see yourself succeeding, that will help guide your direction and the questions you ask.

As far as the young whipper-snapper... well... you could be and still do well in final expense:

Back