New In Texas

TXInsuranceAgent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey ya'll

I am a new agent in Texas with 6 months of experience to add to my belt.:goofy:
I am currently an agent for a home service company after spending 16 years in the motorcycle industry working for a dealership. This is a great forum with alot of useful information and ideas and I look forward to interacting with other forum members here.
Good luck to all you other new guys and to the vets of the business and this forum, thanks for your input.

Is it just me, but it seems like ever since i have been in the insurance business, there are more insurance commercials on tv than used to be?

Hey ya'll

I am a new agent in Texas with 6 months of experience to add to my belt.:goofy: I am currently an agent for a home service company after spending 16 years in the motorcycle industry working for a dealership. This is a great forum with alot of useful information and ideas and I look forward to interacting with other forum members here. Good luck to all you other new guys and to the vets of the business and this forum, thanks for your input.

Is it just me, but it seems like ever since i have been in the insurance business, there are more insurance commercials on tv than used to be?

1) Welcome!
2) Newby use to run a Honda Motorcycle dealership.
3) It's just you. There has always been a truckload of insurance ads.

1) Welcome!
2) Newby use to run a Honda Motorcycle dealership.
3) It's just you. There has always been a truckload of insurance ads.

1)Thanks X

2)Did Newby own the dealership or GM?

3)I guess it would be about like buying a vehicle. You don't realize how many of the same vehicles are driving around until you purchase that model. :laugh:

1)Thanks X

2)Did Newby own the dealership or GM?

3)I guess it would be about like buying a vehicle. You don't realize how many of the same vehicles are driving around until you purchase that model. :laugh:

Newby was a GM who was promised a chance to be an owner but then the business was sold out from under him. He quit and had a friend entice him into the preneed business. Newby, thought it was temporary until he decided what he wanted to do. He stayed in the business and now sells a lot of different stuff. He has been very successful.

Newby was a GM who was promised a chance to be an owner but then the business was sold out from under him. He quit and had a friend entice him into the preneed business. Newby, thought it was temporary until he decided what he wanted to do. He stayed in the business and now sells a lot of different stuff. He has been very successful.

Wow....what a kick in the nards that was for him. I can relate as I had a similar thing happen to me. Not to the extent that I would become owner. I really miss that business because it was a "fun" environment. All the employees were family so to speak. As a salesman/producer you could make a decent living but not really the potential that the insurance business can do. I really like being able to help people get the coverage they need. I have lost many a friends and customers from the motorcycle business from wrecks or accidents and have times used those instances as a "you never know when it will happen".
Congrats to him and i'm sure he didn't like the move at first but probably has a change of heart now. :biggrin:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Your more aware of the ads now. There is another competitors ad on the tv.
Kinda what i was thinking!

Last edited:
Back