New member in South Carolina

Well, since I started all this, I guess I should chime in. I am bound by a confidentiality agreement to not fully describe my companies methods. However, by searching online for indexed annuities, it's obvious that what we do is not unique. There are many, many companies focusing on EIAs because of the commissions. This is just where I entered the industry a few months ago. I have customized my presentation to satisfy my ethical standards, which I might say, are higher than my employers. I am fortunate that they are out of state and I can run my office as I see fit. However, I am captive to the products they choose to represent. I can't just quit w/o another opportunity because I have kids and bills. However, I am exploring other options and this forum has been very helpful, though, I see the same handful of members doing most of the posting.

Other gigs I am looking at include NY Life or selling for Care Improvement Plus products. I would like to build a customer base, sell a full line of products and so forth. However, I want to move carefully so I don't end up dry on the income side and have to quit to make a buck in retail management or something equally miserable.

If you really believe that about this industry, why on earth are you in it?
Is it to change that image? Is it to go along with that image? Are you selling products you believe have no good in them?

Ha ha you guys are funny... I love the "ethics" debates I get to read on these forums. You people act like the insurance industry isn't integrally evil to begin with. It's just rip-off reduction for ridiculous over-priced health care. I'm not saying we should all go out there and scam the elderly, but don't get on some moral high-horse either.

Ha ha you guys are funny... I love the "ethics" debates I get to read on these forums. You people act like the insurance industry isn't integrally evil to begin with. It's just rip-off reduction for ridiculous over-priced health care. I'm not saying we should all go out there and scam the elderly, but don't get on some moral high-horse either.

I dont see a debate going on here.......
Seems your the one trying to start a debate (since you love them so much). What horse are you riding??

Going with NYL

Well, I decided to join New York Like. They are opening a new office in downtown Columbia and putting big bucks into prime office space. It is also the only NYL office in Columbia. I interviewed with them in Feb. but put it off for a faster start-up with my current employer. Fortunately, they gave me a second interview and a second chance. Can't wait to get started.

Back