New to FE 2 1/2 Months

Thought I would add a post about what I have done and what I have learned these past couple of months. I am new to FE, however I have been selling life and health insurance the last year. I went independent in August and have been happy with my experience so far. I am not new to sales and owned my own business for 20 yrs.

I have searched and read almost everything I can on this board regarding FE and it has been a huge help. Thanks to everyone who is actively sharing their knowledge with other agents!

The month of August and September were spent learning and working Thad's TM leads. My biggest mistake was trying to work in the city. While I was captive I worked mainly rural areas and thought I would give the city a try. The no shows and flakes made up the majority of my appointments. I was able to make a few sales, but not the numbers I was used to when captive. After a few weeks of working the city I quickly realized I needed to go back to the rural areas. I also started a DM order and ordered 15 leads a week. While I was waiting for the DM leads I worked referrals and TM leads out of the city and had better success.

The month of Oct. has been the best so far. I have made a little over $9000 AP in the last three weeks working DM and TM leads. Last week I worked some of Ben Boman's TM leads. I had about 20 leads. I made 8 appointments, 2 appointments were prior DM leads, 2 no shows, 7 sales about $4400 AP. I still have some of the 20 TM leads I wasn't able to reach. Five more came in last Friday I will use for next week. I have had better success working Ben's TM leads. Now that my cash flow is increasing I'm going to be purchasing more leads and hopefully increase my production.

I wanted to send out a thanks to Brad at 360, Thad for the free TM leads that got me in the door and Ben for training and TM leads. I know I still have a lot to learn, but feeling good about where I'm headed!

Thought I would add a post about what I have done and what I have learned these past couple of months. I am new to FE, however I have been selling life and health insurance the last year. I went independent in August and have been happy with my experience so far. I am not new to sales and owned my own business for 20 yrs. I have searched and read almost everything I can on this board regarding FE and it has been a huge help. Thanks to everyone who is actively sharing their knowledge with other agents! The month of August and September were spent learning and working Thad's TM leads. My biggest mistake was trying to work in the city. While I was captive I worked mainly rural areas and thought I would give the city a try. The no shows and flakes made up the majority of my appointments. I was able to make a few sales, but not the numbers I was used to when captive. After a few weeks of working the city I quickly realized I needed to go back to the rural areas. I also started a DM order and ordered 15 leads a week. While I was waiting for the DM leads I worked referrals and TM leads out of the city and had better success. The month of Oct. has been the best so far. I have made a little over $9000 AP in the last three weeks working DM and TM leads. Last week I worked some of Ben Boman's TM leads. I had about 20 leads. I made 8 appointments, 2 appointments were prior DM leads, 2 no shows, 7 sales about $4400 AP. I still have some of the 20 TM leads I wasn't able to reach. Five more came in last Friday I will use for next week. I have had better success working Ben's TM leads. Now that my cash flow is increasing I'm going to be purchasing more leads and hopefully increase my production. I wanted to send out a thanks to Brad at 360, Thad for the free TM leads that got me in the door and Ben for training and TM leads. I know I still have a lot to learn, but feeling good about where I'm headed!

You are off to a great start. Keep it up!

Thought I would add a post about what I have done and what I have learned these past couple of months. I am new to FE, however I have been selling life and health insurance the last year. I went independent in August and have been happy with my experience so far. I am not new to sales and owned my own business for 20 yrs.

I have searched and read almost everything I can on this board regarding FE and it has been a huge help. Thanks to everyone who is actively sharing their knowledge with other agents!

The month of August and September were spent learning and working Thad's TM leads. My biggest mistake was trying to work in the city. While I was captive I worked mainly rural areas and thought I would give the city a try. The no shows and flakes made up the majority of my appointments. I was able to make a few sales, but not the numbers I was used to when captive. After a few weeks of working the city I quickly realized I needed to go back to the rural areas. I also started a DM order and ordered 15 leads a week. While I was waiting for the DM leads I worked referrals and TM leads out of the city and had better success.

The month of Oct. has been the best so far. I have made a little over $9000 AP in the last three weeks working DM and TM leads. Last week I worked some of Ben Boman's TM leads. I had about 20 leads. I made 8 appointments, 2 appointments were prior DM leads, 2 no shows, 7 sales about $4400 AP. I still have some of the 20 TM leads I wasn't able to reach. Five more came in last Friday I will use for next week. I have had better success working Ben's TM leads. Now that my cash flow is increasing I'm going to be purchasing more leads and hopefully increase my production.

I wanted to send out a thanks to Brad at 360, Thad for the free TM leads that got me in the door and Ben for training and TM leads. I know I still have a lot to learn, but feeling good about where I'm headed!

What state are you working in?

There must be something wrong with you if you can't close those Urban leads.

/sarcasm off

What state are you working in?

There must be something wrong with you if you can't close those Urban leads.

/sarcasm off

Have no doubt that someone with more experience would have closed more the city leads. However, I had a ton of no shows. I live in OKC and like working outside of the city lots of good folks in Oklahoma!

Thought I would add a post about what I have done and what I have learned these past couple of months. I am new to FE, however I have been selling life and health insurance the last year. I went independent in August and have been happy with my experience so far. I am not new to sales and owned my own business for 20 yrs. I have searched and read almost everything I can on this board regarding FE and it has been a huge help. Thanks to everyone who is actively sharing their knowledge with other agents! The month of August and September were spent learning and working Thad's TM leads. My biggest mistake was trying to work in the city. While I was captive I worked mainly rural areas and thought I would give the city a try. The no shows and flakes made up the majority of my appointments. I was able to make a few sales, but not the numbers I was used to when captive. After a few weeks of working the city I quickly realized I needed to go back to the rural areas. I also started a DM order and ordered 15 leads a week. While I was waiting for the DM leads I worked referrals and TM leads out of the city and had better success. The month of Oct. has been the best so far. I have made a little over $9000 AP in the last three weeks working DM and TM leads. Last week I worked some of Ben Boman's TM leads. I had about 20 leads. I made 8 appointments, 2 appointments were prior DM leads, 2 no shows, 7 sales about $4400 AP. I still have some of the 20 TM leads I wasn't able to reach. Five more came in last Friday I will use for next week. I have had better success working Ben's TM leads. Now that my cash flow is increasing I'm going to be purchasing more leads and hopefully increase my production. I wanted to send out a thanks to Brad at 360, Thad for the free TM leads that got me in the door and Ben for training and TM leads. I know I still have a lot to learn, but feeling good about where I'm headed!
Nice work. Looking good to go.

Back