• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New to the forum, thank you for all of the great insight!

PA77

Hey folks, just wanted to spend a minute to introduce myself to the forum.
I am a beginning life insurance agent in Oklahoma.

Thank you guys so much for sharing all of the great ideas and topics!

As a new agent selling life, what do you think is the best way to approach prospective clients?

I understand there are many ways to prospect and I am anticipating a lot of calling but I feel the urge to spend time every day meeting people face to face.

First, do you guys think this will be an effective/efficient way to prospect?
Second, how would you guys devise a plan of attack? Walk into businesses and start a conversation? Go door to door in residential neighborhoods?

Thanks again for all of your help!

David, I was hoping that you would read my post!
I enjoy all of your insight and per your monopoly video, I want to start my focus in the orange properties!

It's wide open too! And since you've "liked" some of my posts in the "sticky" thread, I know you've found the various links that are high quality and very low cost (or free) resources to help you.

I just finished the saga of wb, too bad he stepped away from posting on the forum.
Any other good reads you can recommend?

I've read probably over 1,000 books, have a bunch of articles, lots of audios... I have too much stuff.

If you ask a specific question, I can probably provide some insight into that question.

Otherwise, I'd start with Sid Walker's Selling without Wrestling (FREE), Insurance Pro Shop's members only site ($30/month for their video training and monthly newsletters; you'll want their system, but start with the video training), and Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals for $37 one-time.

To me, that's the core of what I'd recommend someone get started with.

Oh, and there's my YouTube channel with lots of information there.
David H. Kinder, ChFC

Back