New to TX

Welcome to the forum!

I’m right here in San Antonio. I’m not sure if you’re asking for Texas-based Carriers only or carriers that you can write in the state of Texas.

If you are looking for Texas-based final expense carriers there’s only a few. American Amicable is headquartered right there in Waco. American National is based in Galveston, Texas. And GPM is right here in San Antonio.

if you’re asking about some of the top final expense carriers that you can write here in Texas. Some of that come to mind are: Trinity, security national, Prosperity, Foresters, Americo, mutual of Omaha, Liberty Bankers, Royal Neighbors of America and there’s a bunch of others

Welcome to the forum!

I’m right here in San Antonio. I’m not sure if you’re asking for Texas-based Carriers only or carriers that you can write in the state of Texas.

If you are looking for Texas-based final expense carriers there’s only a few. American Amicable is headquartered right there in Waco. American National is based in Galveston, Texas. And GPM is right here in San Antonio.

if you’re asking about some of the top final expense carriers that you can write here in Texas. Some of that come to mind are: Trinity, security national, Prosperity, Foresters, Americo, mutual of Omaha, Liberty Bankers, Royal Neighbors of America and there’s a bunch of others
I write other carriers, but I like to write Texas based companies. My primary is Liberty Bankers, with exec headquarters in Dallas and customer service handled out of Brownwood. My second is a pair of smaller companies in Dallas: Central Security and their subsidiary Western American. (Western American is a stipulated premium company and only sells within Texas. Central Security is a more traditional company, and sells in 6 states.) I also occasionally write through American-Amicable (who is, as you mentioned, based in Waco. However, I’ve been told that they’re owned by a Canadian company.)

Welcome to the forum!

Under what circumstances do you use American Amicable?

They take heat heart meds , depression meds , pain meds and light inhalers .Takes insuIin but not in combo with neuropathy. I really like am am . Great customer service and great billing . A real agents company . I like their rop for ss billing in close to GI cases . Allows agents to change banking info on the phone .

They take heat heart meds , depression meds , pain meds and light inhalers .Takes insuIin but not in combo with neuropathy. I really like am am . Great customer service and great billing . A real agents company . I like their rop for ss billing in close to GI cases . Allows agents to change banking info on the phone .
Thanks DP. I have a client who was diagnosed w/ Hep C. All my other carriers classified her as graded, if ever diagnosed. She went back to her physician after treatment and they couldn't find any signs of Hep C. That was over 8 years ago. I recall I was appointed with AmAm and submitted the app with them. It's been 2 weeks with no decision. They want a physicians report. Any advice?

Am Am is 3 yrs . Did they pick the hep c medicine up on the rx check ? If it’s been 8 yrs she should be ok . As I recall liberty bankers will take that standard .

Am Am is 3 yrs . Did they pick the hep c medicine up on the rx check ? If it’s been 8 yrs she should be ok . As I recall liberty bankers will take that standard .
That's what I thought, which is why I applied. Perhaps it is the additional meds are of concern. Mutual of Omaha picked up the Hep C, and graded her. Then, I went to AmAm

I’ve had a few were they referred it to home office and the UW asked me to clarify an answer and then they sent for aps . One was a tough medicine several carriers had declined . I just cancelled it and found a graded policy .If you call new business they’ll tell you the name of drug that’s concerning . Tell them she had hep c 8 yrs ago . Or call the underwriter . Don’t waste your time if there’s another bad drug . Then just write it with Gtl 50% db yr 2

Back