Newbie from NJ W/ Pre License Course Questions

clinares1159

I just purchased an online course for P&C through American School of Business which outsources to ExamFX.

I know that this is a study at your own pace program but as a person who is currently working a 9-5 with the NJ Motor Vehicles Commission, I have to try and hone in on how long this pre licensing course should take. There is a study calendar that plans everything out for me as far as what to study and when to take chapter quizzes. Really unsure of when to set the start date and end date bars on this feature!

More or less just looking to ask "what is a realistic time frame?"

I took classes at American School, it's a 1 week course about 40hrs total. Right after the class is complete you take the school exam and then the state exam.

The instructor didn't do much except read word for word from the book and gave some real world examples so you should be able to do it on your own. Good Luck

I just purchased an online course for P&C through American School of Business which outsources to ExamFX. I know that this is a study at your own pace program but as a person who is currently working a 9-5 with the NJ Motor Vehicles Commission, I have to try and hone in on how long this pre licensing course should take. There is a study calendar that plans everything out for me as far as what to study and when to take chapter quizzes. Really unsure of when to set the start date and end date bars on this feature! More or less just looking to ask "what is a realistic time frame?"

It all depends upon how much time you can spend daily and how fast you move through the material.

True that. It took me 2 weeks to read through, set up for test when available. Study now and than in between. Passed on my first try. If you are a good test taker, its easy. The practice tests on the course is harder than the state if you ask me.

thank you guys for your responses! I am thinking two weeks sounds about right to complete the P&C course, just was unsure if I was kinda rushing it!

Cram and jam. It will stay in short term memory, learn the state penalties, they will be on the test!!!!

Back