Newer Agent Looking for Help

fooh2001

I am a captive PCS agent with MetLife, March will be my one year with the company. Currently my company has taken a large premium increase in the state I am based out of with more increases slated to come. As such, when I first got hired the idea was I would get licensed in a neighboring state which has a better market. This worked well enough that it got me through the beginning. However, I have not been producing on the level that I thought I would and last quarter I fell short of my quota thus losing out on half of my salary.

I am purchasing about $300-$400 a month worth of internet leads. I am also working any X-dates I can get a hold of. I am sending out roughly 150-200 quotes a month. Part of my issue is I can't really build centers of influence because in my state I fear that I will only end up ruining any potential relationship because when they call on me my rates our going to be insulting.
(I know selling price is bad, but on average we are $300-$500 more) and if I were to try to build relationships in the other state I run into a lot of issues such as, my office not being there, other Met agents getting territorial, and travel time/expenses.

I was hope someone here could provide me with some insight as to ways I could continue to prospect or if I should be preparing for the worst and thinking of other options such as going independent. Because as it stands right now I cannot live off of 10 apps a month.

Foo,

Bail from Met Captive. Go Indy with a group that has met and 100 others. Some groups will even have the overrides you are enjoying with Met, but they will have them with 20 others as well.

Back