• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

News & Info Related To 2017 Open Enrollment

From the above link:

"NAHU, a group that represents 100,000 health insurance agents and brokers, is holding a board meeting today in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and it's preparing to start its 86th annual convention there Sunday.

Radnor, Pennsylvania-based Worldwide Insurance Services will have a booth marketing GeoBlue, a travel medical insurance program that has licensed the rights to use the Blue Cross and Blue Shield trademarks.

The list of exhibitors marketing products such as dental insurance, accident insurance or disability insurance includes Aflac of Columbus, Georgia; Ameritas of Lincoln, Nebraska; Colonial Life, a unit of Unum of Chattanooga, Tenn.; and the Standard of Portland, Ore."

--Judging from the attendees at this year's convention, NAHU should change its name to NAAU (National Association of Ancillary Underwriters).

Is the NAHU pretty much irrelevant in this ObamaScrew world? It's almost unimaginable that no Major Medical Health Insurance companies are attending a NAHU convention. They probably went to the Government's Medicaid convention in Vegas this year. Lots of champagne, caviar & call-girls at that one!

----------

June 24, 2016

This 2017 Auto-ReEnrollment instruction to Issuers and States was posted to REGTAP today.

Link: https://www.regtap.info/reg_librarye.php?i=1677

It looks like so many companies are dropping out for 2017, that the Marketplace is turning over a lot of the auto reenrollment responsibilities to the states this coming O.E.. Is that how you all interpret the info in this slide deck?

It's just like our government to publish instructions on the 23rd, and give a deadline of 5pm on the 24th.

It's Time for ObamaScrew to go. Time for a change!

We need to think of a catchy name for the citizens of this country taking back control, like the citizens of Great Britain did.

BRAVO for BCBS of Minnesota! I was beginning to think that the Blue Cross companies were run by sadomasochists who enjoyed being beat-up. At least this one seems to be run by "normal" profit-oriented executives.

p.s. On the negative side, this makes me believe that there will be many more carriers paying 0% commission for 2017 Open Enrollment.

Last edited:
BRAVO for BCBS of Minnesota! I was beginning to think that the Blue Cross companies were run by sadomasochists who enjoyed being beat-up. At least this one seems to be run by "normal" profit-oriented executives.

p.s. On the negative side, this makes me believe that there will be many more carriers paying 0% commission for 2017 Open Enrollment.

AC, insurance companies can't overcome the insecurity when losing money. They by presumption should sit on piles of $$$$ in case to feel in insurance business. I didn't have time to look at their financial reports, but the new low made them administrators of medical plans, and my feeling is that they can't take it anymore. I also am not sure what they want: back the old status quo, when less and less people were buying insurance, or they just are moving on a first signal system's principal?

So you think home office types join NAHU?

I was a home office field employee for 15 years. Never once joined any association.

Back