Ninety-Two Percent of All Agents Fail - Why?

Mark,
A career is a job that you do for a long time and (hopefully) it provides some wealth and satisfaction.

What is wrong with working less and making a lot of money?
Do you believe doing that and helping people are mutually exclusive?

Mark,
A career is a job that you do for a long time and (hopefully) it provides some wealth and satisfaction.

What is wrong with working less and making a lot of money?
Do you believe doing that and helping people are mutually exclusive?

You are part of the product that you are selling.

Very few agents can start off working few hours and make a lot of money.

It like hiring a lawyer. I want someone that does it full time vs part time. The more time they spend practicing the better they are at it.

If any agent that is new just wanting to make a quick buck, this is just not the job for them.

You must put your clients needs 1st and the money will follow.

I would not want to buy from a new agent that only does this part time and I think wont be here next year to answer any questions if I have them...I'm buying the product and the agent and his/her help.

Mark,
It's amusing how you keep inserting false assumptions into this discussion so that you have something to argue against. Here are such assumptions that have nothing to do with what I posted.
"any agent that is new (sic) just wanting to make a quick buck"
"full time vs part time"
" wont be here next year to answer any questions if I have them"
You got me on that last one because I was only in the business for 7 years, before I sold my agency.

As to this statement, "You must put your clients needs 1st and the money will follow." Of course I agree, if by "clients" you mean people who are committed to buy from you. However, we were talking about "prospects" not clients. Making that kind of commitment to prospects who have no commitment to buy is one of the reasons that 92% of agents fail.

I never became an expert on all of the types of insurance I sold, only some. That is why (as previously stated) I hired experts in each of the types of insurance to analyze and design the cases for my clients. And, my clients bought from me because they trust and respect me.

Now that I mentioned it, mutual trust and respect are the two most important buying decision factors. Yet, most agents don't not how to determine whether or not they trust or respect their prospects and/or clients.

We are marketers first and then salespeople.
You can have all the sales training in the world but if you dont have an appointment it's meaningless. Learn to market yourself AND learn how to sell.

How are you supposed to market yourself if you can't sell?

I see your point. I think you may be saying that in both cases youre selling yourself. Also, one of the best ways to market is after a sale when you ask for referrals - cheap way too.

However, my point was that if you can't sell to get training in sales techniques AND marketing.
Marketing = leads. That's what the 92 percenters will say that they need.

There are hundreds of books on Marketing at the library, bookstore, and online.

I wonder what percentage fail because they sat on their lazy ass putting up posts on an insurance forum instead of marketing their products ?

Latest posts

Back