NMSData.Com

huhtala2

My sales manager gave me this company to look at for leads. For $3,600.00 they will give me 42 leads and set the appointment for me. I know nothing about them looking for help.

Re: Www.nmsdata.com

My sales manager gave me this company to look at for leads. For $3,600.00 they will give me 42 leads and set the appointment for me. I know nothing about them looking for help.

$85.71 for A LEAD....sr. you are not living the high life......

Last edited by a moderator:

ok - finally watch the High Life ad!!! Thanks!!! It reminds me of when saw the first pair of jeans priced over $100 wayyy back. I thought to myself WTF???? Then it became a game. Yes, make the jeans cooler, but raise the pricing multiples and before you know it $300-$500 ++ became a market...

ok - finally watch the High Life ad!!! Thanks!!! It reminds me of when saw the first pair of jeans priced over $100 wayyy back. I thought to myself WTF???? Then it became a game. Yes, make the jeans cooler, but raise the pricing multiples and before you know it $300-$500 ++ became a market...
That commercial is funny, but I don't know if it’s relevant. I like Becks and I don't mind paying 11.50 for a GOOD hamburger. I think the determinant factor regarding lead costs is always the ROI. Internet leads are less expensive, but you the issue of adverse selection. If a lead program is targeted toward a group that meets specific criteria, like a direct mail campaign would work, and then they will definitely cost more. There is nothing wrong with the beer metaphor as long as the comparison is fair.

Couple of points that I want to make:

1. I highly doubt that NMSDATA charges $3600 for only 42 leads.
2. If I know that my ROI is $20K based on those 42 leads, I have no problem paying $10,000.
3. Leads are not cheap. To put things into perspective, if you do a Google search on "Insurance Leads" and click on the return results on the right hand side, Google will charge that company close to $15 per click. Imagine an insurance company paying $15 per click.

Sounds expensive, but then again, if the ROI is double digits, I have no problem paying that premium price.

Last edited:

"What type of leads,?" he asked while trying to make his smirk into smile.
"It sounds like you are buying a lead company," he said as he finally burst into uncontrolled laughter.

So insurance expert and marketing solutions are both from california, just signed up, and are backing msdata on an old post, coincidence?

That all being said, I don't see why $85/appt is always a bad idea, but I'd think long and hard before shelling over $3,600 to a company I've never heard of or done business with.

Back