Non-residential, Non-business, Garage Used for Storage

randname

As the title suggests, I have a property located in Philadelphia that has a garage covering 100% of the lot. The property is zoned residential, is located in a typical residential neighborhood (attached row-homes), and has a use variance on it permitting me to use it for storage of household items. I'd like to get a general policy but can't seem to find the right search terms to narrow down my options. Anything search I do using the word garage delivers results suitable for auto-repair type places.

What type of a policy should I be looking for to cover the structure, maybe some contents within (right now it's all but empty), and me from issues if someone slips on the sidewalk out front?

Thanks,
-A

Hey A,

I believe I can help you. I think you are looking for a commercial policy with building coverage as well as liability for slip and fall. This is mostly commonly found in a business owners policy.

I am a Philadelphia agent (19131) representing Erie Insurance along with other great carriers. Give me a call on my cell and I will do my best to help you.

201-757-5292.

Thanks for the response NYC2Phi, I appreciate it.

When I see the word "commercial" it makes me think "expensive". Is my concern unfounded or is there some truth in it? Are commercial policies generally more expensive than a policy that might be geared towards a home-owner or non-commercial entity?

Hey A,

I believe I can help you. I think you are looking for a commercial policy with building coverage as well as liability for slip and fall. This is mostly commonly found in a business owners policy.

I am a Philadelphia agent (19131) representing Erie Insurance along with other great carriers. Give me a call on my cell and I will do my best to help you.

201-757-5292.

Thanks for the response NYC2Phi, I appreciate it. When I see the word "commercial" it makes me think "expensive". Is my concern unfounded or is there some truth in it? Are commercial policies generally more expensive than a policy that might be geared towards a home-owner or non-commercial entity?

I think it all depends on the risk and what is being covered...

I have business owners policies that are half the price of a regular home and auto and then again I have commercial policies that are in the five-six digits in premium

It all depends and to be honest yours does not sound like an expensive policy to insure. Won't know till we get the details

Back