Non-Smoker Classification Timeframe

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anybody know which term carrier/s allows the least amount of time to go by to be classified as a Non-Smoker (cigarettes)?

Pretty sure all carriers require 12 months smoke free for non smoker rates

Trans just ran Trendsetter LB for me and its either two or three years. Premium was too high so I told them to send me the Super Series quotes. They sent smoker rates and my client hasn't smoked in 18 months. So I'm thinking its two years. I'm gonna have to look at an app and see I guess. I don't have any in front of me. I need a carrier that takes as a non-smoker after one year. I don't run into many smokers for some reason.

Trans just ran Trendsetter LB for me and its either two or three years. Premium was too high so I told them to send me the Super Series quotes. They sent smoker rates and my client hasn't smoked in 18 months. So I'm thinking its two years. I'm gonna have to look at an app and see I guess. I don't have any in front of me. I need a carrier that takes as a non-smoker after one year. I don't run into many smokers for some reason.

As everyone else said 12 months is standard non smoker for most. Go to term4sale.com

As everyone else said 12 months is standard non smoker for most. Go to term4sale.com

I just pulled the agent guide fro Trans and it says two years smoke free for non-smoking rates.

You don't know off the top of your head who is 12 months or more VS. 2 years or more?

Make a list of nearly every large life insurance company and that will be the list of companies that use 12+mo. of non tobacco/nicotine use as NON SMOKING.

Make a list of nearly every large life insurance company and that will be the list of companies that use 12+mo. of non tobacco/nicotine use as NON SMOKING.

I thought Transamerica was large :err:

I'll just call one of my marketers on Monday. I'm reading the agent guide for Trans and it says "have you used nicotine withing the last 2 years?" YES = smoker rates

On the LB series I think she said it was 3 years. I'm trying to find that now.

I said nearly every.....

Why are you stuck on TA? They are clearly DQ'ed for what you are desiring.

Already did the app and Paramed. Knew he was a smoker right before I turned the app in but not on the innitial interview where I was told he was not. Figured I would turn in it and bump him to a straight term without Living Benefits since they rape smokers. Not only that, the guy got table 2.

So now I'm just seeing if there is another company out there which will go less that 2 years on the smoke but still deal with the elevated Triglycerides. That would reduce the premium.

I'm stuck on Trans also because they have an offer on the table for him with any of their term products. He may be willing to let me shop another company because if so his rate would be less if he could get Non-Smoker.

So you see I'm not really stuck on Trans but then again I am. I am and I;m not. This isn't my first rodeo. I just asked a simple question. You gave me the wrong answer. I asked who and was told a pant load. I need specific names of carriers.

It's ok 'll be patient and call my marketer. She'll ratle off a dozen if they exist in less than 2 minutes.
THANKS!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Banner or Protective about $27.mo

Thanks Wino I'll make sure I have those two noted. At least now I can play around tomorrow and see what a table B comes up as for Non-Smoker for them. In another year I'll rewrite this guy when he qualifies for non-smoker with the LB series since that is what I just put his fiance with. Newlyweds wanting LI on each other.

Last edited:
Back