NPN Should Be a Site Requirement to Post...

I would just like to understand why LostDollar posts anyway. I just can't see how he's getting his jolly's by reading a question, researching, then trying to answer the questions. I have to give him kudo's that he does try, but WHY?

Why don't you two just block him and get on with your lives?

I've had him blocked for the past 6 months but unblocked him to read comments in a thread in which I had posted.

It's not just him, there are others that have their own agendas and offer no value to the forum.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to troll forums like these, I guess they have no life...

I've had him blocked for the past 6 months but unblocked him to read comments in a thread in which I had posted.

It's not just him, there are others that have their own agendas and offer no value to the forum.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to troll forums like these, I guess they have no life...

Then ignore them. He is the only one that stands out in my mind and I know both you and Rick have gotten all hot and bothered about him.

At first he was interesting and amusing, now he is just random noise.

but what if they have a question to post in a existing thread in the agent forum....

Thank you.

It has been my experience that sometimes agents will choose to not respond to consumer posts, whether asked-"above or below the line".

However, in looking at threads where agents have chosen to respond to consumer questions, it seems like sometimes the questions asked "above the line" get more answers or get a better breadth of opinion from agents.

My uninformed opinion is that there are some folks who don't go down to the consumer section that are willing to provide one or two responses to a question asked in a section they visit regularly.

----------

Yes, especially when non-agents troll the forum posting 1,000 times in several months on topics of which they have no first hand knowledge.

It's become more than just an annoyance. People might think they actually have some value.

Rick

This post has the flavor of a third grader afraid someone is going to steal their lunch box.

I would support having some type of "badge" or something to show up for members who are actual agents. Its not a bad idea, just dont make it mandatory.

Have it optional, if you want the forum to show that you are a licensed agent, then you can submit a NPN. If not, then just stay as normal. But I think it would lend a bit more credibility to things when consumers are viewing threads.

But that also creates more work for the mods and Sam. And also, what happens if an agent loses their license? Its not realistic for the forum to check NPNs on a yearly basis. But most agents do not lose their license, so I guess that wouldnt be a huge concern.

I would support having some type of "badge" or something to show up for members who are actual agents. Its not a bad idea, just dont make it mandatory.

Have it optional, if you want the forum to show that you are a licensed agent, then you can submit a NPN. If not, then just stay as normal. But I think it would lend a bit more credibility to things when consumers are viewing threads.

But that also creates more work for the mods and Sam. And also, what happens if an agent loses their license? Its not realistic for the forum to check NPNs on a yearly basis. But most agents do not lose their license, so I guess that wouldnt be a huge concern.

A badge is a good idea-another one would just be to have a 'Role' field when an account is created and that could be 'Agent', 'Marketing', 'Consumer', etc, etc, etc...

I have no problem with a consumer posting in a forum, I just want some level of accountability for posting opinions and information (particularly when they are inaccurate)

I just want some level of accountability for posting opinions and information...

How about requiring someone to post under their real name. If you don't have that, you have NO accountability. If someone wants to say they are an agent, and they are not, and you don't know who they are, you are back to square one.

Latest posts

Back