Official Now

Just remember that with a series 65, you've got these strange words that will become a big encompassing part of these transactions:

Fiduciary duty and conflicts of interest.

Yes, you'll probably meet the carrier's needs for offering advice on securities... but you'll still need to address these two major areas on every single transaction.

It shouldn't be too hard. Just don't forget about them... or call yourself a 'financial planner'.

Watch Calling Yourself a Financial Planner

Last edited:
Whoa to the series 65 who only sells FIAs. You might as well set up a payment plan now with the department of securities or other appropriate authority. Get a start on all the fines and judgements that will be rolling in for not upholding your fiduciary duty.

Whoa to the series 65 who only sells FIAs. You might as well set up a payment plan now with the department of securities or other appropriate authority. Get a start on all the fines and judgements that will be rolling in for not upholding your fiduciary duty.

There in lies the issue....I don't want to deal with the headache of securities anymore.....However I'm getting worried about source of funds. I know the regulatory environment is much easier on RIAs than RRs atleast thats what was said to me at my last B/D the compliance dept spent 90% of its time on FINRA stuff effecting RRs and 10% on the RIA side.

Back