opinion: best catastrophic or Hospital surgical plan

Unless you sell the 50/50 plan, they are not competitive here in Dallas. Added to the no ratings, I see no reason to carry IAmerica.

Thanks for all the input guys...Yea I have been trying to push "real" insurance plans on customers but I have had alot that cannot afford it and have specifically asked for only hospital surgical.

Thanks for all the input guys...Yea I have been trying to push "real" insurance plans on customers but I have had alot that cannot afford it and have specifically asked for only hospital surgical.

They can find it at ehealth or health benefits direct probably not the type of client you want on your books. When you are new and not sure if you are you try to make a sale to everyone you come into contact with the you learn how to become one of the elite agents you turn down people.

When you are new and not sure if you are you try to make a sale to everyone you come into contact with the you learn how to become one of the elite agents you turn down people.

So true.

The first time you fire a prospect or client you think you have lost your mind. Eventually, it becomes a bit easier.

I fired a guy about a month ago. Took him all the way up to the application and then fired him while it was in underwriting.

It wasn't so much he was a pain, as it was I felt he wasn't being honest with me.

Apparently the carrier agreed. They declined him.

" That American National cat plan only has $10,000.00 outpatient benefit.... "

The OP spoke about Cat / Hospital plan - not outpatient.

The outpatient rider applies to doctors visits / labs, etc that are not triggered by an inpatient (CAT / Hospital ) occurrence. Any outpatient expenses that are the result of a pre/post inpatient action are covered via the inpatient coverage.

So - your point is what Bentley?

Tom

Wondering what everyones opinion is regarding the best hospital and surgical plan. Here in florida I would say Plan 70 with Blue cross blue shield. 80%/20% $250 deductible

$2500 per visit deductible per er visit - doesn't go toward max oop

Will still pay 100% for mammograms
has a well child care benefit
$2500 max oop per year
$5,000,000.00 lifetime coverage
Covers outpatient chemo
Drug discounts

Not a bad Hospital Surgical policy and still pretty inexpensive, but like any product line with BCBSFL the more people in a plan will eventually shoot up the prices, well it did in a sense, Aug 1st had almost a 15% rate increase for this block of business.

Sell your client plan 70 and a go blue plan, at least with a goblue they will have minimum coverage for office visits to the doc.

I'm suprised everyone is not talking UA, here. They really push the hosp/surgical. Not a good plan at all, but they push it. We have Southwest Service Life here in TX also. There is a company out of Utah called Standard Life who is trying to get heavily involved in hosp surgical, as well.

Back