Opinion of Parker and Associates in Meridian,MS

When I worked for Genworth in the American Continental division (their Medicare Supp division) in Brentwood, TN, Parker and Associates were notorious for screwing their sub-agents. I was a direct agent recruiter and they were one of the absolute worst in getting a release from. Maybe it's changed in the last 18 months (when I stopped working there), but that was their rep back then.

I think I might have gotten a call from them yesterday. It was a woman recruiting agents to sell Today's Options. :no:

I had some difficulty with making out what the woman was saying so she may have said Parker at the beginning and I just didn't catch it. She called from a Meridian, MS number, so I'm thinking it was probably Parker or else some organization made up of people who had been connected with them at one time.

I figure there can't be that many marketing organizations for senior products operating out of Meridian. When I see some recruiting effort coming out of Meridian I automatically associate it with Parker, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I worked for Genworth in the American Continental division (their Medicare Supp division) in Brentwood, TN, Parker and Associates were notorious for screwing their sub-agents. I was a direct agent recruiter and they were one of the absolute worst in getting a release from. Maybe it's changed in the last 18 months (when I stopped working there), but that was their rep back then.

Back when Humana had their ill fated relationship with Parker to man Wal-Mart kiosks in rural areas in 2005-6, Parker's agents had the rep of being ignorant screw-ups. I saw some of it firsthand. I guess it rolls downhill. Maybe it was just in my area, but I doubt it.

It also wasn't uncommon to run into beneficiaries who had been badly screwed over with being put into MA plans they didn't recall signing up for or else being put into MA only plans when they wanted MAPD and being left without Part D. They were all either Today's Options or Coventry, so I figure Parker agents may have been involved in some of those cases as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back